Thread: Kaweco Dia 85a

Thanks

Default Kaweco Dia 85a

Hello Guys,

Im new to this forum, and also new when it comes to fountain pens, so forgive me if i ask ‘stupid’ questions or post my tread in the wrong place. (just human)

I bought this kaweco dia from a auction site, because i like the brand, and the looks of this vintage pen. To know a bit more about this pen i’d like to ask some questions. This version of the kaweco dia has a ‘pointy’ ‘back’ (where the filling mechanism is) whereas somes versions of the older kaweco dia’s have a more rounded back (the sigar shape). Is this a different version? Is it older, newer? Also, mine sais 85a on end of the pen. I read that this has something to do with it’s size. Is this correct? Can someone tell me a bit more about this particular version (materials, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Here are some pictures:

309D184F-F669-4BCA-96CE-DEC34AD92D10.jpgD1F557EE-693E-4D09-8F75-495033DDD9DD.jpg5651E11C-F690-4CC3-8E7D-7E259D9922D6.jpg25367985-DC65-4C0E-BBCD-B543F80E6E48.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 6,702 Times in 1,971 Posts

Default Re: Kaweco Dia 85a

I love vintage Kaweco Dia piston fillers, I think these models represent the concept of understated elegance very well.

Unfortunately I don't have one currently, so I can't comment on your questions from personal observation.
    I did find this review in Italian:

https://www.penciclopedia.it/186/kaweco-dia-85a/

(if you open that site in Chrome, it'll offer to translate to English or any other languages you'd like).
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    I love vintage Kaweco Dia piston fillers, I think these models represent the concept of understated elegance very well.

Unfortunately I don't have one currently, so I can't comment on your questions from personal observation.
    I did find this review in Italian:

https://www.penciclopedia.it/186/kaweco-dia-85a/

(if you open that site in Chrome, it'll offer to translate to English or any other languages you'd like).
    Thanks for your reply. I already thought that the pen was a bit older then the late fifties, which the advertiser said it was produced in.
    I also send the question to Kaweco. I hope they can give me some more information. When i recieve some new information i’ll make sure i’ll post it here.

Thanks

This is a pretty old pen but when I look at the tip, I guess it's still usable and the lines will be very thin and beautiful. tetris unblocked

Thanks

This post is a very detailed review of an important topic. I feel like I have improved my knowledge Suika game after reading it.

Thanks

spammer reported and link to AVOID as it was freshly registered and this indicates that it is up to no good!!!

Thanks

This plugin facilitates the seamless insertion of emoji characters in a standardized manner that is not reliant on any specific platform. Emojis are incorporated into text via inputting codes derived from Unicode Short Names inside the text editor, or by accessing the emoji dropdown menu through a toolbar button.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Chrismania didn't mark it as sold so it's now become a spam thread
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens