Thread: Kaweco Dia 85a

Thanks

Default Kaweco Dia 85a

Hello Guys,

Im new to this forum, and also new when it comes to fountain pens, so forgive me if i ask ‘stupid’ questions or post my tread in the wrong place. (just human)

I bought this kaweco dia from a auction site, because i like the brand, and the looks of this vintage pen. To know a bit more about this pen i’d like to ask some questions. This version of the kaweco dia has a ‘pointy’ ‘back’ (where the filling mechanism is) whereas somes versions of the older kaweco dia’s have a more rounded back (the sigar shape). Is this a different version? Is it older, newer? Also, mine sais 85a on end of the pen. I read that this has something to do with it’s size. Is this correct? Can someone tell me a bit more about this particular version (materials, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Here are some pictures:

309D184F-F669-4BCA-96CE-DEC34AD92D10.jpgD1F557EE-693E-4D09-8F75-495033DDD9DD.jpg5651E11C-F690-4CC3-8E7D-7E259D9922D6.jpg25367985-DC65-4C0E-BBCD-B543F80E6E48.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,015 Posts

Default Re: Kaweco Dia 85a

I love vintage Kaweco Dia piston fillers, I think these models represent the concept of understated elegance very well.

Unfortunately I don't have one currently, so I can't comment on your questions from personal observation.
    I did find this review in Italian:

https://www.penciclopedia.it/186/kaweco-dia-85a/

(if you open that site in Chrome, it'll offer to translate to English or any other languages you'd like).
    - Will
    A new place to shop for restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

Thanks

Default Re: Kaweco Dia 85a

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    I love vintage Kaweco Dia piston fillers, I think these models represent the concept of understated elegance very well.

Unfortunately I don't have one currently, so I can't comment on your questions from personal observation.
    I did find this review in Italian:

https://www.penciclopedia.it/186/kaweco-dia-85a/

(if you open that site in Chrome, it'll offer to translate to English or any other languages you'd like).
    Thanks for your reply. I already thought that the pen was a bit older then the late fifties, which the advertiser said it was produced in.
    I also send the question to Kaweco. I hope they can give me some more information. When i recieve some new information i’ll make sure i’ll post it here.