Thanks

Default Parker 180 lapis lazuli

I am looking to buy
    http://pencollect.co.uk/personal/180bl.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Default Re: Parker 180 lapis lazuli

One way would be to buy a rollerball version, then add a fountain pen nib unit.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

Mm9m01 (August 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    One way would be to buy a rollerball version, then add a fountain pen nib unit.
    Would it be 99% similar to the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

I can think of several Parkers that have complete nib units like this that are swappable between fountain pens and rollerballs. This looks like it could be one of them. It might be an expensive way to buy the pen, but you would ultimately have what you want.

Having never seen a Parker 180 I can't be 100% certain. Someone else might know for certain.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Vintagefountainpens UK had one for sale at GBP125, Grandmia pens restored one in 2013, he might still have the pen, Stef has a very useful youtube channel, it may be best to contact him through that to see if he has one for sale.

They were an awful pen to use, nice idea of one side Broad the other side Fine, I think it was unique to the 180, but it was terrible to use and mine was as dry as a old tranny. A commerical failure. I am never one to question people who want a particular pen but if you want a 180 to use then I have to say that the idea of a double sided nib was better than its delivery.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fermata View Post
    Vintagefountainpens UK had one for sale at GBP125, Grandmia pens restored one in 2013, he might still have the pen, Stef has a very useful youtube channel, it may be best to contact him through that to see if he has one for sale.

They were an awful pen to use, nice idea of one side Broad the other side Fine, I think it was unique to the 180, but it was terrible to use and mine was as dry as a old tranny. A commerical failure. I am never one to question people who want a particular pen but if you want a 180 to use then I have to say that the idea of a double sided nib was better than its delivery.
    My 180 is a nice writer. Aside from the difference between F & B that you get from flipping the pen over, it isn't much in the line variation department because it has a big blob of a tip. However, it is quite smooth for the same reason.

The one problem with mine is that the thin plastic on the section has cracked or tore. It might have hardened with age. That puts me off of acquiring any more 180s.