Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ink bottles...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Ink bottles...

Check this out if you really must move that last drop from bottle to converter: Pineider "Snorkel" Filler I'm not that desperate.

Thanks

Current Sailor cube bottles are quite nice if you get the matching inkwell.

Thanks

Have you guys checked on Alibaba? There are many different ink bottles available there. Some have very large minimum orders, but you can set the Alibaba search filter to screen those out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendragon For This Useful Post:

azkid (August 26th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Similar stuff may be available on aliexpress with lower or no minimum order qtys.

Thanks

There are numerous empty ink bottles for sale at bargain prices on Alibaba. Would that be a viable option? Some items have minimum orders of 500 trillion units, but others have far lower minimums or none at all.

Here are a few, there are many, many more:

Here is the coolest eye dropper ink bottle in history:

Bow down to the humble bottle, for it enableth thee to be an ink studmuffin.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendragon For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (August 30th, 2019)

Thanks

Waterman bottle is good for me, but when my ink is really low I use a rubber bulb pipette/dropper, preferably glass and transfer ink into a glass vial (Floral Water Tubes/Vials Clear - 3" (1/2" Opening) - w/Caps {found this online} and I stand it in an ink bottle and slowly siphon ink into the pen, as to not make it flood the vial when I pump it in and out! Have to raise and lower the pen to avoid that! Works down to the maximum level. The 1/2" opening has been able to fit any of my FPs so far. I love a faceted ink bottle that I found floating in family stash somewhere because it is basically round and faceted all over and can tip very far down, the bulb at the base is slightly wider, more like 5/8" at the bottom. Useful as a tool for this process as I can put the vial inside AND tip it on a facet and turn the pen up so that the feed is submerged the most. Hope this gives you ideas too Forgot to mention that the syringes that come from the vet are in a plastic vial that is similar AND has a handy plastic lid! I've used the syringe with the vial and lid for the same purpose and it works great, it is just a bit wider than the floral vial I had, a full 1/2" I believe, or a skosh more.
    Last edited by AnneD; June 15th, 2022 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,363 Times in 3,978 Posts

An old thread resurrected from 2019 but Fred's link to Bertram's Inkwell sadly no longer seems to work.

The Pineider Snorkel filler link for Bertram's inkwell is now here Anderson Pens also sells the filler.

I wouldn't be tempted to use any tubes/vials made from glass inside any ink bottles. Too much risk of it breaking. If you want to put something inside your ink bottles so that you can use all of the ink down to the last drop then try an Ink Miser or Ink Shot. It's specially made for that purpose and there are a couple of brands.
    Last edited by Chrissy; June 15th, 2022 at 11:51 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

damfino (September 19th, 2022), SlowMovingTarget (June 16th, 2022)