Thread: Fortuna Silver Mule - printed or engraved?

Thanks

Default Fortuna Silver Mule - printed or engraved?

I'm tempted by the Montegrappa Fortuna Silver Mule actually on sale on Drop. There's 2 days left on that drop.

Upon closer inspection of the pen, I can't determine if the Montegrappa logo on the cap band is printed or engraved. It is engraved on my blue "regular" Fortuna but I've seen a post somewhere complaining about a printed logo.

Here's a picture from the Drop add:

And here's a picture of the same pen (?) from a online seller (PenWorld)

I understand that these 2 pics are not the same size nor the same resolution. Still, I have the feeling the Drop version has a printed logo.

A cheaper version ??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 587 Posts

Default Re: Fortuna Silver Mule - printed or engraved?

If you look at small details like shadows and reflections, it looks as if they are the identical photo, only one is larger and doesn't have a cast shadow below it. Massdrop prices are lower because of the quantity discount.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

Thanks

Default Re: Fortuna Silver Mule - printed or engraved?

Quote Originally Posted by Fouez View Post
    I'm tempted by the Montegrappa Fortuna Silver Mule actually on sale on Drop. There's 2 days left on that drop.

Upon closer inspection of the pen, I can't determine if the Montegrappa logo on the cap band is printed or engraved. It is engraved on my blue "regular" Fortuna but I've seen a post somewhere complaining about a printed logo.

Here's a picture from the Drop add:

And here's a picture of the same pen (?) from a online seller (PenWorld)

I understand that these 2 pics are not the same size nor the same resolution. Still, I have the feeling the Drop version has a printed logo.

A cheaper version ??
    I was just reading the discussion on this pen on Drop. There is some concern about the clear coat over the metal, which I'm sure is not actual silver, and some posters who have a problem with steel nibs. However, it's $139 which I think is a pretty good price for a good looking pen with a decent SS nib. They are only offering a medium nib which should be reasonably smooth. If not, it's easy to do a little smoothing and end up with an attractive, easy writing daily driver.