Thread: Barnes and Noble Ivory Stationery Review Request

Thanks

Default Barnes and Noble Ivory Stationery Review Request

In a recent thread by FPG member vhr5, he mentioned sending a sample of the stationery to me for my opinion. Initially, based on his review, I thought this particular paper was not well suited for fountain pen use. Link (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread....nery-Set-Ivory)

First let me say the paper has a nice finish and seems to have a front and rear side. As I only had a single sheet to test, I did not write on the reverse. If I had to guess, I would put this paper in the 24-28 lb. area, which I feel is a nice weight for daily stationery. The inks used varied in saturation and lubrication and the pens went from semi-wet to semi-dry. After each sample, I laid down a fairly wet patch of ink to really give this paper a test for bleedthrough. I couldn't notice any feathering and I only caught the paper once - with a relatively sharp Eversharp nib.

The scans are reasonably true to the original with only a very slight color shift. (My scanner may be showing it's age)

8979131969_7871d56deb_b.jpg

8979129305_0f402e8013_b.jpg

Based on my test, I no longer have any reason not to recommend this. I'm more than happy.

I will note that certain inks are less than suited for use with this paper (PR American Blue e.g.) and to a lesser degree Sheaffer Skrip Emerald Green(a surprise). This conclusion is based on correspondence received along with the test paper.

Should you wish to purchase -

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/home...=9780641532320

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksterp For This Useful Post:

Pens&Lit (June 30th, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: Barnes and Noble Ivory Stationery Review Request

Very nice...the scanner isn't showing your age, but the reference to "The Outer Limits" may be...

Thanks

Default Re: Barnes and Noble Ivory Stationery Review Request

Thanks! Been looking for some more stationary as the set I have is running low and it is only some small cards rather than full sheets.