Thread: Wancher Customer Service Inquiry

Thanks

Default Wancher Customer Service Inquiry

I just received from Wancher a vintage pen that Wancher sold as restored. It was part of their recent sale of restored vintage pens. It arrived with the clip mounted crookedly. Images below. I emailed Wancher immediately addressed to "info@wancher.com," the address from which I have received several emails from Wancher about this purchase and otherwise. It is the email offered for contact at the Wancher web site. It has been two days with no reply. Perhaps I should use a different address. Does anyone have a better contact? TIA for your assistance. IMG_0488.jpgIMG_0491.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Default Re: Wancher Customer Service Inquiry

Unless the clip was not manufactured to fit that pen, it appears to be a minor issue.

Loosen the clip, align it, tighten it.

Thanks

It seems rather securely attached. Other than brute force, is their a safe way to loosen it?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

If it was a Parker, the jewel in the top would unscrew then the clip would come off. If that jewel should unscrew then you would need to use something slightly tacky like rubber to push onto it and unscrew it.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

I heard from Wancher. They think maybe I should just accept the crooked clip as is because it is a "vintage feature" and, after all, their artisans are so, so careful:

First of all, I would like to say sorry for this matter. Our pen artisans have been checking and restoring the pen very carefully before passing it on to you.
    It is unfortunate to hear that you have not received it in a good condition as you expected.
    For this matter, you can accept the pen as a vintage feature which might underline a story from the previous owner or you can also send it back to us for warranty if you are not happy with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CJG View Post
    I heard from Wancher. They think maybe I should just accept the crooked clip as is because it is a "vintage feature" and, after all, their artisans are so, so careful:"...you can accept the pen as a vintage feature which might underline a story from the previous owner...."
    Urban dictionary definition: "chutzpah." Chutzpah amounts to a total denial of personal responsibility, that renders others speechless and incredulous, one cannot quite believe that another person totally lacks common human traits like remorse, regret, guilt, sympathy and insight.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

CJG (September 12th, 2019), mystoryfornow (September 21st, 2020), Sailor Kenshin (September 10th, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CJG View Post
    ... or you can also send it back to us for warranty if you are not happy with it.
    Sounds like a solid warranty.