Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visconti Ragtime 20th Anniversary

Thanks

Default Re: Visconti Ragtime 20th Anniversary

Mr Bogon, I like your Pelikan Lizard very much, and your penmanship is great too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to john For This Useful Post:

Bogon07 (June 8th, 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

That pen looks great!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 790 Posts

Bogon my Ragtime doesn't HAVE a breather hole. Just a straight slit down the nib....
    ---
    Current pen rotation: way too many!

Thanks

I'll post another pic, but it is a small sorta odd shaped nib, with a slit half way through it and the words 20th Anniversary are prominent. How do two LE pens of the same model have different nibs??
    ---

Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tandaina View Post
    I'll post another pic, but it is a small sorta odd shaped nib, with a slit half way through it and the words 20th Anniversary are prominent. How do two LE pens of the same model have different nibs??
    Tandaina, I wouldn't worry, yours is the nib seen on most LE Ragtimes with the engraved 20 (see the FPN review: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/fo...e&fromsearch=1 ) .

I suspect that mine was a dealer replacement or maybe the engraved 20 nib was supplied to only a portion of the 1988 pens say the first 200 or so?
    Last edited by Bogon07; June 9th, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
    sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink
    "Nothing means less than zero"

Thanks

Not worried so much as annoyed. That nib and I would probably get along. Ah well.
    ---

just a little bird floating on a hurricane
    Thanks

It's a very pretty pen. You could have the nib modified to a stub or cursive italic (?).

I agree with AltecGreen about searching for a vintage Italian pen. A vintage Aurora 88 with a semi-flex or flexible nib is an affordable, though less colorful, option that I think you would love given your affinity for vintage German piston fillers. It would fit right in with your vintage Montblancs. Keep an eye on the Gopens.com catalogues--they frequently have a nice selection of vintage Italian pens, and sometimes a less expensive model will pop up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Zona 900 is GREAT for vintage Italian pens. They ship anywhere in the world, and the selection is great and there are updates practically every week.
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation. I use the German equiv quite a bit so glad to have that one as well!

So long story short, I am keeping the pen, not because I am thrilled with it, but because the vendor would not issue a refund, not even a partial refund by choosing a cheaper pen.

This is not an issue I have encountered before. I have ALWAYS evaluated pens by inking or dipping them. Always. How one can evaluate and chose whether or not to keep a pen without even dipping the nib remains an eternal mystery to me. I wouldn't buy a car without driving it (yes with caustic gas in the engine), yes the EXACT car not just an example of the model. My husband and I just did that with his new vehicle. There was no question at the dealer that we would first drive the car before deciding if we'd take it, the EXACT car. I certainly wouldn't buy a pen without test driving it (yes with CAUSTIC ink) either.

(For a cheap car, a little Kia whatever I could see it, and for a cheap pen. But for a sports/luxury car, or a luxury pen? Sorry, no dice unless there is a test drive.)

So it is mine, for now. It has been shipped straight to Pendleton to make the nib into something I can live with. And then I'll decide whether to resell it, or keep it. While the vendor was very polite and friendly, I won't be doing business with them again.

Overall, not a very pleasant experience and I'm not satisfied, but nothing to do but move on and be more careful to read all vendor policies before doing business with them in the future. I'm apparently spoiled by the folks I've dealt with in the past in and out of the pen industry.
    ---