Thread: Authenticity and model of this Mont Blanc?

Thanks

Default Authenticity and model of this Mont Blanc?

Was gifted this by a relative. Anyone know of its age, authenticity, model, and how to replace the ink? My first pen and I’m trying to gain some knowledge. Thank you!
    Also, I know to replace ink you twist counterclockwise (I believe) but it doesn’t budge with light force. Don’t want to damage or force anything. I’m new to this site as well as pens in general so hope I’m not asking silly questions.
    Pictures linked:

https://imgur.com/gallery/yJiqdaB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Default Re: Authenticity and model of this Mont Blanc?

It looks like a Montblanc Generation ballpoint pen. To insert a new BP refill you would need to remove the cap by turning it counter clockwise.
    It's difficult to say whether it's authentic from that picture but if you buy a genuine Mb refill and it fits then that would be a good indicator. There's nothing about it that shouts our fake.

Welcome to FPGeeks.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

Thanks

Thank you! I also linked a few other photos on imgur, did you check those out as well?

Thanks

Finally got it open, and it does have a Montblanc pen refill in it. However the outise of the refil feels slightly sticky or oily. Is this normal? Or should I wipe off the residue? Also any advice on cleaning in general? Polishing, and removing slight scratches? If I bring it to a Montblanc store would they do any cleaning (for free)?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,966 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bahbah View Post
    Finally got it open, and it does have a Montblanc pen refill in it. However the outise of the refil feels slightly sticky or oily. Is this normal? Or should I wipe off the residue? Also any advice on cleaning in general? Polishing, and removing slight scratches? If I bring it to a Montblanc store would they do any cleaning (for free)?
    The Generation BP isn't one of their more expensive models. Since you need a new refill anyway just buy a new BP refill and don't worry too much about the outside of the old one or about removing scratches. The Montblanc store is unlikely to do anything for free.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens