Quote Originally Posted by thagbert View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Avastgard View Post

Oh, now I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by thagbert View Post
The Pilot naming system for its nibs is not consistent. The Broad (B) from a 78G, the Medium (M) from the Plumix, and the Calligraphy Medium (CM) from the Pilot Prera are all italic nibs.

The sizes are all very close, if not the same. Probably a 1.1 nib. There is a Double Broad (BB) available on the 78G which is rather wide. Probably a 1.9.

Guess it helps sell more pens that way.

Plumix
Pilot Prera CM
78G Broad
78G Double Broad
The Plumix you mentioned just doesn't show up when I search for "Plumix" on eBay. It's probably because the seller doesn't ship to Brazil. Too bad...

But, are you sure about this nib naming system? It's amazing how none of the sellers I contacted on eBay would know that and just say that they didn't have any italic nibs (although all the ones I looked up were listed as "medium" nibs).
The Pilot naming system causes much confusion. It is easier to feign ignorance than to try to explain the differences.
Hello, folks!

I'm also from Brazil (de Brasília para ser mais preciso). I always buy stuff from Ebay and some sellers do not know this specifications/naming system.

I just received a Pilot 78g that was announced as a broad nib but was, as thagbert said, indeed a italic. I could see it from the pics but the seller couldn't tell me the exact information.

Avastgard, if you want to but stuff together we can share the shipping cost and custom fees to import some stuff from Goulets.

Thanks!

-kemuri