Thread: FS: First Yr Parker 51 – Cordovan

Thanks

Default FS: First Yr Parker 51 – Cordovan

1941 (1st Yr) Parker 51 (Cordovan Brown, DJ w/ aluminum blindcap jewel, 1st Yr 16k GF Cap and Clip, Metal Speedline Vac Filer, 14k F nib). Measures 5 1/2" capped. According to Parker's figures, there were only 6,236 51s sold in the first year of production. The pen was such an instant success that this number climbed to 214,163 in 1942. And by 1948 over 2 million 51s were sold each year.

The comparatively seldom seen first year 51 in Cordovan is distinguished by details lacking on later 51s. This one displays the following first year features: imprint on the blindcap with '1' date code (no dots) indicating 4th quarter 1941 manufacture, metal Speedline filler, first year 16k gold-filled cap distinguished by its double-framed indicia, first year clip with larger blue diamond and incised 'Parker' stamp visible on the underside, and double jewels. The blindcap jewel is aluminum while the cap jewel is plastic, as is known to have been common among 51s manufactured in the later quarters of 1941.

Condition: Disassembled, cleaned and restored with new diaphragm installed in the last couple weeks. Hood sealed with rosin-based sealant to prevent leaks while allowing for easy removal. Guaranteed to fill and write as designed without leaks or other problems. NO CRACKS, CHIPS, MISSING PARTS, BENT/MISALIGNED TINES, OR CAP CLUTCH ISSUES. Cap is clean aside from one ding above the indicia (see 3rd photo). No brassing present aside from tiny spots on the 3 corners of the clip arrow (shadowy areas on blindcap tassie in the photos are merely reflections). Blindcap imprint is the deepest I've personally encountered: factory deep with no discernible wear. Heatstamped personalization ("W.C. Sykes") on the barrel (visible in 3rd photo). This has been factored into the price.

Price: $340 $320 $290

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping: To CONUS locations buyer may opt for either:
    • USPS First-Class with tracking for $5;
    • USPS Priority with tracking for $8.

International Customers: Please contact me for shipping quote if located overseas (delivery confirmation required).

New York Customers: For tax purposes, I am now required to add an 8% sales tax on any sale made in the state of New York. If your shipping address is in NY state, please let me know before payment to receive an adjusted total. Free shipping is included for NY State residents to help defray the extra cost.

Order, Payment, & Guarantee: Pens are placed on hold for the first person to PM me with firm request to purchase, to which I’ll reply with payment details. If I haven't received Paypal payment within 24 hrs, then they become available to the next person. All pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. If I've missed something objectionable or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, the buyer may contact me up to 7 days after receiving the pen for a full refund (issued once I receive the pen back in the same condition as sold). I've sold pens online for over a decade. Please check my past listings on the classifieds forum here and on FPN (username: Estragon) for some of my previous offerings.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by popcod; March 29th, 2020 at 03:48 PM.
    aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Default Re: FS: First Yr Parker 51 – Cordovan

Price reduced

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Beautiful FP.

Thanks

To the top for the weekend

Thanks

for final reduction