Thread: Pelikan 120 With Stenography Nib

Thanks

Default Pelikan 120 With Stenography Nib

Hi,

A good friend deprived me of my nice 120 F nib so I decided to sell the pens with one of my rather rare, hard-to-find possessions: the 120 Stenography nib.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this is a Pelikan 120, beautifully preserved and now featuring a stenography nib. One of my favorite Pelikan models, to be honest, despite its more understated look. Although with more than 60 years of usage, the pen is in beautiful condition aesthetically (see the pics), the piston runs smoothly and the nib is fantastic imho.

The nib is somewhere between a F and an M (more like a Japanese M), with a nice spring, and a significant amount of line variation (see the pics). It’s not a flex or semi-flex nib, but it is one of the nicest steel nibs I’ve ever tried, greatly superior in my opinion to the gold nibs s of the Modern Souveran Line (Whether M400 or M1000). Even nicer than the 120 F which is already rather cool. It is very smooth but with right enough the amount of feedback to allow a better control of the pen since this is made to be a fast daily writer.

I maintained the original ebonite feed of the pen which fits nicely with the springy nature of the feed, allowing a better ink flow. One of the fins is slightly damaged (see pics) but as collectors know, this does not affect the pen. For a small extra charge,however, I can change the feed to a modern one or to an intact ebonite feed (although these are rarer).
    I am offering this cheaper than usual since I would like to sell as fast as possible: 77 USD plus shipping.
    Feel free to contact me for any questions.
    More pictures here along with a writing sample : https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHjgaUM
    Shipping depends on the country but it is usually 14 USD (2-3 days for Europe, 4-5 days for CONUS, and aruond 6 days for the rest of the world.)

PS: It can fit nib units from other Pelikan models: vintage 140, modern M150. From my own experience it can also fit nibs from 400, M200, M205, M215, M400 (and all its versions), modern M120, but it depends on the nib as it might hit the cap and damage the nib tip: this never happened to me however as all nibs fit in nicely.IMG_7666.JPGIMG_1298.JPGIMG_7673.JPGIMG_1292.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pasenow; October 5th, 2019 at 08:56 AM.