Thread: Sale: Beautiful Pelikan Tortoise Set, 400Nn And 455

Thanks

Default Sale: Beautiful Pelikan Tortoise Set, 400Nn And 455

I am selling an original tortoise Pelikan set in containing a Pelikan 400NN fountain pen and a Pelikan 455 ballpen, one of the first made by the company. The set is contained in a pencase from the era (1959-1963). Both items are in extremely good condition, with little signs that might betray the more than 50 years since they were produced. You can judge yourself from the pictures and the writing sample.
    I tried to capture in picture the variety of colors, shades and nuances that the binde of both pen and ball-pen has, but I think my phone camera is not up to the challenge as the colors change depending on the light and the angle. If you want more photos I can readily send them to you.

DESCRIPTION:
    The fountain pen has a very smooth piston, perfectly functional and featuring the more than 1.8-1.9 ml of ink that the 400NN is famous off. It has a special DM accountant nib with two breather holes, a rather rare nib as the Durchschreib (D) are usually much more common in EF and F. Since the gold used for this nib is incredibly durable it is very useful as a daily carrier: you really don’t have to fear any damages done to this nib. The writing experience is very, very smooth but with that slight ounce of feedback that keeps your writing steady. The line it draws is more between an F and and M in my opinion (see the writing sample and a comparison with an M200 M): this makes it perfect for daily notes. I replaced the ebonite feed with a modern one since Durchschreib are known for their rather leaky qualities: the ebonite feed works perfectly for the other Pelikan nibs, but the tough gold used for Durchschreib does not interact well with the wet ebonite, making it very leaky when carried around.These were after all nibs made for office work and not as EDC. At your request I can put back the original ebonite feed or, for a small fee, include both of them in the package.
    The Pelikan 455 is probably the legendary Pelikan ballpen as one of the first forays of the firm into the ballpoint field. It was made to accompany the 400NN in their sets. As such, it features the famous binde and its odd, beautiful collors. It can take modern Schneider 575, Schneider 75, Schneider 225- which are easily available online.
    More pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwuxj7

PRICE and SHIPPING
    Price is 210 USD but I am willing to hear your offers. Shipping depends on the country but it is usually 14 USD (2-3 days for Europe, 4-5 days for CONUS, and aruond 6 days for the rest of the world.)

PS: The fountain pen can fit nib units from other Pelikan models: M200, M205, M215, M400 (and all its versions), modern M120.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Sale: Beautiful Pelikan Tortoise Set, 400Nn And 455

Hi , I would like to buy this set, please advise total cost posted to Australia post code 0885
    Kindest Regards Mick

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Codygirl For This Useful Post:

pasenow (October 7th, 2019)

Thanks

Default Sale: Beautiful Pelikan Tortoise Set, 400Nn And 455

Great looking pen and good luck with sale. Do you mind me asking what red ink that is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PenHead; October 7th, 2019 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Sale: Beautiful Pelikan Tortoise Set, 400Nn And 455

Hey, thanks so much for the message: it's just Sheaffer Skrip Red. I tend to use it for my annotations ...