As many here know, I have had a few Parker 51 pens in my short foray into vintage pens. Yes, you can groan now.

Here's the thing. Although I've had one or two 'interesting' nibs (a blobby broad, and a stub for example), I've yet to find one that actually lays down a consistent fine line at the angle (about 40 degrees) that I address the page. This is my preferred nib width for general writing, but I am beginning to wonder if any surviving 51s have a decent fine nib. My sample size isn't huge though (around 10 pens now).

Anyway, I foisted my last 51 (the grey one from the pay it forward thread) onto another member here - they'll probably figure out where it came from when it arrives - but I am very much open to finding a 51 to fill a very specific niche in my writing life.

Am I being at all realistic in ever hoping to find a 51 that writes as well as I wish it to? And if so, does anyone know where such things can be found, or whether they will command premium prices because of their apparent scarcity?

Not in any rush with this, but sooner rather than later would be preferred.