Thread: My 'new' 1944 Vacumatic (or How I am a Major Worrywort)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 822 Posts

Default My 'new' 1944 Vacumatic (or How I am a Major Worrywort)

Fresh from the Colorado Pen Show is this 1944 Parker Vacumatic. Ever since I tried one of these pens at a Pen Posse meet up, I knew I had to have one. It had a glorious, soft nib and the celluloid pattern is very unique and attractive.

++edit++ I'm going to remove most of text which fixes a bad example for others and insert some of the good advice given below and leave pics for entertainment purposes. ++

++ I should've spent more time inspecting, brought a loupe, and asked way nore questions. ++

++ I should have read the Parker Pen repair manual before doing anything. Don't do what I did. ++

The pen actually has an oblique nib marked R for right—(angled like the toes on your right foot). Likely the original nib; the 3-dot "4" making is shared with the barrel.

I really like this nib a lot. It is very soft and springy, and the line variation is subtle but enjoyable. The writing is incredibly smooth and wet for a fine line. It is really fun to write with.

Last edited by azkid; October 14th, 2019 at 10:33 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azkid For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (October 14th, 2019), Jon Szanto (October 14th, 2019), Scrawler (October 15th, 2019)