Thread: Tortoise Pelikan 400, Special Colors, Flexy Nib

Thanks

Default Tortoise Pelikan 400, Special Colors, Flexy Nib

I am selling my Pelikan 400 tortoise with a KM nib. The pen is in good condition, featuring a beautiful KM nib with a lot of flexy personality and one of the most interesting binde I’ve seen.

The binde is a beautiful tortoise with quite unexpected nuances of green, orange, mixed with lines of white and red that I tried to capture in the pics, but I have a hard time to describe in words so … see the pics.
    The piston runs beautifully, with its more than 1.8 ml of ink capacity. The KM nib is very smooth, with a line closer to a Japanese M than a usual pelikan. It is very “shady” and flexy (see writing sample) and quite a joy to write with.

The cap of the pen is its original brown cap: it shows signs of discoloration, just as the piston knob. I tried to capture them with my camera but they are very difficult to notice even without the camera, so sorry if they are not more visible. Gold plating in very good condition, but with signs of wear.
    More pics and a writing sample here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHJqgrA

Overall Condition: Very Good +
    Flaws: slight cap knob discoloring, very little brassing

I recommend the pen for its impressive, joyful nib and the color which is quite something to behold.

Price: The usual price for this condition is more than 250 USD (see martiniauctions, penguin, etc). I offer it however for 160 USD, but I am willing to hear your offers.
    Postage: it’s usually 15 USD for tracked, uninsured shipping, but it also depends on country.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pasenow; October 17th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.