Thread: Stuck fill lever on Accurate FP

Thanks

Default Stuck fill lever on Accurate FP

So I'm new to pen repairing but have successfully fixed a few Eversharp lever fills. My current patient is an "Accurate" pen I got yesterday. I took the section off last night with no problem and found that the barrel is empty. No bladder or even remnants of a bladder. The J bar is there and seems to be OK in that with a tiny screw driver I can reach in there and flex it. But the lever is stuck and won't move at all and I am afraid I will break it. (I have already done that on another pen). How can I loosen it up?

If I could get the lever to work, a good cleaning and a new bladder would have this pen up and writing.

Follow on question: If I do break a lever can they be replaced?

Thank you!

Steve

Thanks

Default Re: Stuck fill lever on Accurate FP

Hi Steve

I would try to remove the J bar with some needle nose pliers and see if that improves the lever movement, hope so.

Fmta.

Thanks

Thank you Fermata - I did successfully remove the J bar but no improvement to the lever - it won't move at all. Right now I do not know whether it is just a bunch or corrosion where the lever hinges or a purely mechanical hang up. Since there is nothing but an empty plastic tube and the stuck lever, would it be safe to try some penetrating oil which might deal with the corrosion if that is even the problem.

I do not know how levers are installed or how they are hinged. If I knew that maybe I could make some progress.

Thanks again,

Steve

Thanks

OOPS -- Never mind Fermata - by gently pushing on the end of the lever which in operation goes inside the barrel and depresses the J bar, I just popped the lever loose! Now if I can successfully renstall the J bar, flush the pen and a new ink sac it ought to start writing again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Kelley For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (October 20th, 2019)