Thread: VINTAGE FS: Jeweler's Band Vac Sr. Maxima | Vac Duofold Sr. | Vac Jr. | WASP Clipper

Thanks

Default VINTAGE FS: Jeweler's Band Vac Sr. Maxima | Vac Duofold Sr. | Vac Jr. | WASP Clipper

Condition (n.b.): All pens listed below have been disassembled, cleaned and restored with new sacs/diaphragms installed in the last couple weeks. Vacumatic fillers are something of a specialty of mine and I take pride in the amount of attention I devote to each. Any dried/coagulated ink is removed from feed channels. All remnants of thread sealant and ossified diaphragms are cleaned away. Threads are meticulously chased. Interiors of barrels are cleaned and polished to remove ink staining and restore transparency. Sections are sealed against leaks using Ron Zorn's rosin-based thread sealant. Each of these pens guaranteed to fill and write as designed without leaks or other problems. Nibs have been adjusted when necessary to ensure that all lay down a smooth and consistent line.

THESE PENS HAVE NO CRACKS, CHIPS, PERSONAL ENGRAVINGS, MISSING PARTS, BENT NIBS, MISALIGNED TINES, OR THREADING ISSUES.

Line Widths and Writing Samples: To provide buyers with as much information as possible, I have started to adopt the following line width standards: XXF (.1-.2mm); XF (approx .3mm); F (approx .4mm); M (approx .6mm); B (approx .8mm). Nib flexibility is determined by variation (max line width under pressure) and softness (amount of pressure). Flexibility designations based on variation generally run as follows for an XF/F nib: Semi-Flex (approx. 1mm); Flex (1.2-1.9mm); Superflex (>2mm). All line width measurements are taken with a digital caliper but should be considered approximations providing a general guide. Width may vary slightly depending on type of ink and paper used as well as amount of pressure applied. All writing samples are on Rhodia dot paper using Waterman Serenity Blue.

Filling Vacumatics: Each of the pens with Vac filling systems below is made of celluloid with transparent barrel striations for viewing the level of ink, which is stored directly in the barrel. To fill, one simply removes the blindcap, submerses the nib, and depresses the plunger until the barrel is full (after rotation to unlock the plunger if it has a lockdown filler like #3).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. 1943 Parker Vac Duofold Senior (Dusty Rose, celluloid, GPT, Vacumatic filler, 14k XF nib). This is the largest model, measuring 5 5/16" capped. In 1940, Parker remodeled the Duofold Sr. as a Vacumatic filler with gold-plated blue diamond clip (signifying their lifetime guarantee) and chevron cap band. More colorful than the Vacumatic, this example in Dusty Rose is made of red and pearl marble celluloid interspersed with transparent barrel striations. It's been speculated that the 'V' on the 14k nib was a hopeful allusion to Victory during WWII. That nib lays down a buttery smooth and consistent XF line (see writing sample in album). Condition: No brassing on the gold-plated trim aside from a couple small spots on the corners of the top of the clip and a minuscule sliver on the top edge of the tassie. Celluloid has a smooth, lustrous surface with a pin-sized nick here and there but no deep scratches or other notable blemishes. Good barrel transparency with ink level visible when pen is held to light (see DETAIL PHOTO: https://imgur.com/BpRD1nm)). Manufacturer imprint and date code on the barrel are sharp and fully legible. Price: $175 SOLD

2. 1940 Parker Vacumatic Senior Maxima w/ Jeweler's Band (Golden Pearl, celluloid, GPT, Vacumatic Speedline filler, two-tone 14k XF nib). This oversized model has a thick barrel and section girth and measures a hair under 5 1/2" capped. The double-jewel Senior Maxima is getting harder to find these days, but the Jeweler's cap band puts this one in a class of its own. Wider than the more common stacked coin band, which is seen on roughly 1/50 Vacs, this variant features an indicia for engraving and is orders of magnitude scarcer. Golden Pearl celluloid with transparent horizontal striations for checking ink level, double jewels with black clip jewel and bull's-eye blind cap jewel consistent with 1940 production. Blue diamond clip and commensurably oversized 14k two-tone Vac Arrow nib. That nib lays down a buttery smooth and consistent XF line (see writing sample in album). Condition: Gold-plated furniture is extraordinarily clean aside from a couple short slivers of wear on the blind cap tassie and on the bottom of the cap band underneath the clip. Indicia on the cap band bears a professionally engraved monogram: "W.C.D." (see timestamp photo). Celluloid has a smooth, lustrous surface with no deep scratches or other notable blemishes – scarcely even any micro-scratches. Excellent barrel transparency (actually better than in photo) with ink level visible when pen is held to light (see DETAIL PHOTO: https://imgur.com/LmG4YYD). Manufacturer imprint and date code on the barrel are sharp and fully legible. Price: $440 $380 (PRICE COMPARISON: https://antiquedigger.com/products/r...28555102650443) SOLD

3. 1937 Parker Vacumatic Junior (grey marble, celluloid, NPT, Vacumatic Lockdown filler, 14k F nib). This is the larger of the two 1st gen Jr. models, having the girth of a Standard and measuring 4 7/8" capped. Grey marble celluloid with transparent portions. Double black jewels and nickel-plated trim. 14k Vac Arrow nib lays down a buttery smooth and consistent F line (see writing sample in album). Condition: Nickel-plated trim is more susceptible to wear but is cleaner than most on this pen aside from the blind cap tassie, which shows a sliver of brassing and speckled wear. Some plating loss to the lockdown filler plunger, which has no effect on operation. Celluloid has a smooth, lustrous surface with no deep scratches or other notable blemishes. Good transparency with ink level fully visible when pen is held to light (see DETAIL PHOTO:https://imgur.com/OYWIVXp). Manufacturer imprint and date code on the barrel are sharp and fully legible. Price: $125$110 SOLD

4. c.1938 WASP Clipper (green "circuit board", celluloid, GPT, lever filler, 14k F Semi-Flex nib). This is one of the larger models, having a thick girth and measuring 5" capped. The Clipper was made in the late 30s to early 40s by WASP, a sub-brand of the W.A. Sheaffer Pen company. The imprint on the side of the barrel indicates this was the standard sized model, priced at $3.95. Eye-catching green "circuit board" celluloid pattern complemented by gold-plated hardware with a distinctly Art Deco design. Semi-Flex 14k WASP nib lays down a buttery smooth and consistent F line that widens to a 3B or so (approx 1.3mm) under moderate pressure. Condition: Gold-plated trim is clean aside from light wear to the cap band and endcaps of cap and barrel (see timestamp photo). Celluloid has a smooth, lustrous surface with no deep scratches or other notable blemishes. Manufacturer imprint and date code on the barrel are sharp and fully legible. Price: $150 SOLD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping: To CONUS locations buyer may opt for either:
    • USPS First-Class with tracking for $5;
    • USPS Priority with tracking for $8.

International Customers: Please contact me for shipping quote if located overseas (delivery confirmation required).

New York Customers: For tax purposes, I am now required to add an 8% sales tax on any sale made in the state of New York. If your shipping address is in NY state, please let me know before payment to receive an adjusted total. Free shipping is included for NY State residents to help defray the extra cost.

Order, Payment, & Guarantee: Pens are placed on hold for the first person to PM me with firm request to purchase, to which I’ll reply with payment details. If I haven't received Paypal payment within 24 hrs, then they become available to the next person. All pens are guaranteed to be in the condition in which I've described them. If I've missed something objectionable or the filling mechanism is not fully functional, the buyer may contact me up to 7 days after receiving the pen for a full refund (issued once I receive the pen back in the same condition as sold). I've sold pens online for over a decade. Please check my past listings on the classifieds forum here and on FPN (username: Estragon) for some of my previous offerings.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by popcod; January 3rd, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
    aka Estragon (FPN); popcodswallop (Reddit)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Default Re: VINTAGE FS: Jeweler's Band Vac Sr. Maxima | Vac Duofold Sr. | Vac Jr. | WASP Clip

Prices reduced on remaining pens

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Trim! –> Sheaffer: OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein); Balance (grey/red fleck) | First-Yr Crest (silver cap); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, ebonized pearl, green) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: Half Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers from Diamond Medal and Webster (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

Thanks

Default Re: VINTAGE FS: Jeweler's Band Vac Sr. Maxima | Vac Duofold Sr. | Vac Jr. | WASP Clip

To the top for the weekend

Thanks

Final reduction on the Sr. Max

Thanks

Last chance before they go to eBay