Thread: Ink sample collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Default Ink sample collection

I've seen people with ink collection that has hundreds of bottles and even more ink samples, which is absolutely mind-boggling to me.

For some reason, I ended up with a lot more pens than ink.

Apart from maybe 10 bottles total, some are gifts and exchanges (and a batch of Sheaffer Skrip bottles that I got from a liquidation of a stationery operation), this is all I have in terms of ink samples:

Not only my inks are far less numerous than my pens, the rate of my ink purchasing is also very sparse compared to my pen buying. In the photo above, the 11 samples closest to the camera are my latest batch of ink samples bought from Vanness Pens (the only place I buy ink from).

When was the last time I bought ink? 20 months ago.

Here are a crude sample of the batch using a dip nib, please forgive the bad handwriting, just look at the colors:

Overall I'm pretty happy with this batch, some ink that stood out for me, the Bronze Leaf, the Armada, the Garuda Rood, #64 Sumiyoshi Yamate, Sahara Grey, and the Carbon Kakhi. Of course the Cobblestone is one of my favorites, I should just buy the whole bottle, but $27 can go towards a broken pen (see where my priority lies? )

Anyways, this post is nothing but simply an observation at my current ink collection. I'm sure there are some of you who have only one bottle of ink or less, but I'm pretty sure there are more of you who has a lot more ink in your collection than I do.

What's your ink collection look like today?
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (October 28th, 2019), Empty_of_Clouds (October 28th, 2019), fountainpagan (October 28th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (October 29th, 2019)