Thread: A Pair of Vintage Dive Watches: Gallet and Watex

Thanks

Default A Pair of Vintage Dive Watches: Gallet and Watex

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I know it sounds cliche but the time has come for me to clear out my collection. Anything I haven’t worn more than twice in the last year is going, so this is one of several such posts to come.

Today it’s a pair of vintage divers from Gallet & Co. (Galco) and Watex Watch Works. These are being sold as a pair, so the price includes both watches. I’m not looking to split them up.

Gallet
    Size: 38mm
    Movement: AS 1950/1951 17j handwind
    Case: Stainless steel
    Crystal: domed acrylic
    Lug Width: 20mm
    Description: I doubt I’ve worn this more than two or three times in the years I’ve owned it; it’s condition was just too perfect to risk marring. I hate to get rid of this but if I’m afraid to wear it then it needs a new home. The movement runs well with no issues. There are no blemishes that I’ve noticed. The dial and hands have a lovely patina, particularly the lume, but there’s otherwise little else to suggest its age. NOTE: this watch will come on its original rally-style Tropic strap, not the aftermarket tropic strap shown in most of the pictures.

Watex Watch Works
    Size: 38.5mm
    Movement: Standard 96-4 17j handwind
    Case: likely plated brass, but could be stainless
    Crystal: domed acrylic
    Lug width: 20mm
    Description: overall condition of this watch is good. The bezel is worn but not beat up. The case and crystal look good, though the crystal could benefit from some Polywatch. The case back notes that it is stainless, which would suggest that the case is plated brass, but there’s no hint of pitting or plating loss, so the case *may* be stainless. The movement runs well. The polished 12-6-9 markers and the domed crystal make the dial difficult to photograph, but this is a legible dial with an attractive grey ombré finish. NOTE: the paint on the dial has some chipping around the edges, most noticeable between 5-6 and 8-9. Please see the photographs as they describe the watch better than I can.

These are UNSERVICED, VINTAGE watches. They work but I give no guarantees as to accuracy. Regardless of each watch’s stated water resistance, vintage watches should NOT be considered water resistant to any depth.

The price for both watches is $500-shipped within the US. I *may* consider international sales with actual shipping costs to buyer. I accept PayPal and Google Pay and I’ll cover the fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kulprit; November 15th, 2019 at 02:44 PM.