Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Hello guys!
    I want to ask you to share images of received damaged Mont Blanc pens (no matters the model). I have bad experience buying from eBay, because most of the MB items there are fake fake fake and came from China. Some of the pens I bought came with a lot scratches, some of them get broken after 2 weeks of usage.

    I am sharing my MB Greta Garbo gold roller that recently came chopped.





    I got few more damaged pens.

    Thanks! Hope you will share!

  2. #2
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,582
    Thanks
    2,569
    Thanked 4,678 Times in 1,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Just to be clear, are you complaining about this damage because the pen is a fake or did you believe it was authentic and became damaged in a short time?

    Montblanc never made a Greta Garbo RB with gold accents. In fact they never even made a Greta Garbo RB.

    So, if you can still put in a return request, then complain that it's a fake and don't worry about the damage.
    Last edited by Chrissy; October 30th, 2019 at 04:23 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    carlos.q (October 30th, 2019), jar (October 30th, 2019)

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Just to be clear, are you complaining about this damage because the pen is a fake or did you believe it was authentic and became damaged in a short time?

    Montblanc never made a Greta Garbo RB with gold accents. In fact they never even made a Greta Garbo RB.

    So, if you can still put in a return request, then complain that it's a fake and don't worry about the damage.
    I know it is fake, but for that price was unreal not buying it. Too much efforts to return it by that time. Seller refuses to refund at all. I am sure ebay will refund me at final.




    I am writing in this forum with one request. I am an incredible fan of the MontBlanc brand and especially of the brand's writing instruments.
    I am currently writing an article (which can evolve into a very big topic) regarding how the Chinese market floods the world with brand replicas, undermines its quality and reputation. In connection with that, I will need as much as you can provide images of pens with broken, defective, visible damage to them so that I can focus on the massive replica issues and how to avoid and know them.
    I'll be glad if you help me!

  5. #4
    Senior Member FredRydr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Carlisle, Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    2,674
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Quote Originally Posted by ProvideR View Post
    I know it is fake, but for that price was unreal not buying it. Too much efforts to return it by that time. Seller refuses to refund at all. I am sure ebay will refund me at final....
    Since you knew it was a fake and bought it nonetheless, you were not deceived by the listing and are not entitled to a refund. In any event, you should not be exploiting the eBay refund policy by gathering known fakes and then demanding refunds because they violate eBay policy. (I assure you I am no fan of the eBay company.) Despite your claim to be "an incredible fan of the Montblanc brand," the very purchases like yours foment the Montblanc counterfeiting problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by ProvideR View Post
    ...I am writing in this forum with one request. I am an incredible fan of the MontBlanc brand and especially of the brand's writing instruments. I am currently writing an article (which can evolve into a very big topic) regarding how the Chinese market floods the world with brand replicas, undermines its quality and reputation. In connection with that, I will need as much as you can provide images of pens with broken, defective, visible damage to them so that I can focus on the massive replica issues and how to avoid and know them. I'll be glad if you help me!
    The counterfeit market thrives not from serious pen enthusiasts who post here, but from buyers who know or don't care if the items are counterfeit, just so long as the cache of the brand can been seen by others. This forum is not a place you'll find many victims of counterfeiting. You'd have about the same success asking for fake Rolex watches from serious Rolex collectors.

    On the other hand, FPN's Montblanc subforum has countless threads started by noobies wanting confirmation that their eBay purchases were not counterfeit. You might have better luck PMing each one asking for photos (until you were banned by the FPN's owner).

    Your project might be a noble one, but please, stop sending the counterfeiters your money.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FredRydr For This Useful Post:

    carlos.q (October 30th, 2019), Chrissy (October 30th, 2019), jar (October 30th, 2019), Pterodactylus (October 31st, 2019)

  7. #5
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,582
    Thanks
    2,569
    Thanked 4,678 Times in 1,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    You knew it was fake yet you bought it.
    With respect, is that not part of the problem? People buy fakes knowing they are fakes? If people didn't buy them, would they make so many?
    These replica/fake pens break because they are cheap and nothing like the brand they purport to be.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

    Bob (November 10th, 2019), carlos.q (October 30th, 2019), jar (October 30th, 2019), Pterodactylus (October 31st, 2019)

  9. #6
    Senior Member jar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Deep South Texas
    Posts
    3,472
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,343 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Counterfeiters counterfeit anything they can sell. Buying that fake purse or fountain simply funds the counterfeiting of prescription drugs, brake pads, pacemakers, and even some serious objects.

    A person who knowingly buys a counterfeit items is no better than the counterfeiter.
    My Sister's Website: Rose Hill Studios
    My Website


  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

    Bob (November 10th, 2019), carlos.q (October 30th, 2019), Pterodactylus (October 31st, 2019)

  11. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    I don't think you understood me. I only have MB originals in my collection, but I wanted to buy a replica once and see what the quality is.
    I'm looking for images of damaged pens for another reason. I want to punish these merchants by opening disputes about defective orders. Thus, they lose money from sales, and they also get their rating down and we can kick them from ebay.

  12. #8
    Senior Member Pterodactylus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,219
    Thanks
    972
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 873 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Quote Originally Posted by ProvideR View Post
    Hello guys!
    I want to ask you to share images of received damaged Mont Blanc pens (no matters the model). I have bad experience buying from ...
    I am sharing my MB Greta Garbo gold roller that recently came chopped.
    I got few more damaged pens.

    Thanks! Hope you will share!
    Iím so sorry that there is no dislike button in this forum.
    And on occasions like this I really would appreciate a moderator here who can edit or delete posts.

    There is nothing we have to understand.
    Everything here is said, you sir are part of the problem buying crappy fake items.

    Afterwards you create a post mentioning several times: MB, damaged Montblanc pens, my MB ...

    This is no Montblanc pen, also not a MB pen and for sure this is not a damaged Montblanc pen.

    You are undermining the reputation and credibility of Montblanc with such posts!

    This crappy illegal piece of product piracy has nothing to do with Montblanc!!!

    If I would be a moderator here I would delete your post and at least would warn you to stop such posts otherwise being banned.

    Please work on your mindset regarding criminal product piracy, donˋt buy such crap and donít bring those things in direct relation to the real product as you did above.
    Last edited by Pterodactylus; October 31st, 2019 at 06:05 AM.

  13. #9
    FPG Donor ♕ Chrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,582
    Thanks
    2,569
    Thanked 4,678 Times in 1,803 Posts
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Quote Originally Posted by ProvideR View Post
    I don't think you understood me. I only have MB originals in my collection, but I wanted to buy a replica once and see what the quality is.
    I'm looking for images of damaged pens for another reason. I want to punish these merchants by opening disputes about defective orders. Thus, they lose money from sales, and they also get their rating down and we can kick them from ebay.
    You are correct on one point. We don't understand the mindset of anyone who would ask about damaged Montblanc pens then say that he knowingly bought a fake because "the price was unreal not buying it." So what happens next time the price is even more unreal? What if it is also unreal for everyone else? Should they go ahead and buy it too?
    Then after you bought this fake you're trying to complain about it breaking within a short space of time, and the fact that you have bad experiences buying from ebay. Don't buy fakes then complain about their quality.
    You're unlikely to get any support from members on here in your quest to punish whoever "these merchants" are and get them kicked off ebay after this really poor start to your membership.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Blog: inkyfountainpens

  14. #10
    Senior Member Deb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    1,181
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 515 Posts
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Your damaged/broken MB pens...

    Quote Originally Posted by ProvideR View Post
    I don't think you understood me. I only have MB originals in my collection, but I wanted to buy a replica once and see what the quality is.
    I'm looking for images of damaged pens for another reason. I want to punish these merchants by opening disputes about defective orders. Thus, they lose money from sales, and they also get their rating down and we can kick them from ebay.
    I think that's just a way of justifying your first post. If, as you say, you want to carry out some vigilante action against sellers of fakes (which is different from your aim in the first post) go right ahead. Just don't bother FPG about it.
    Regards,
    Deb
    My Blog
    My Pen Sales

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deb For This Useful Post:

    Bob (November 10th, 2019), Chrissy (October 31st, 2019)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •