Thread: Pelikan100N Set: Stubbish Flexy Ob And Matching Pencil ( Excellent Condition)

Thanks

Default Pelikan100N Set: Stubbish Flexy Ob And Matching Pencil ( Excellent Condition)

I am selling my Pelikan 100N set, containing a Pelikan 100N in OB and a matching 350 Pencil. The set in an excellent condition with a green-grayish marble color and coming in a vintage Pelikan leather case. The trims are in excellent shape,the cap rings are well-fixed (no play as it is usual with 100N). Of course, there are no cracks, no deep scratches except the usual micro ones,the piston mechanism and the pencil mechanism work perfectly,

More and better quality pictures (including a writing sample) here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJ3acAv

The fountain pen has a beautiful OB nib which, as most pelikan Obs of the period, is actually a stub stub with amazing line variations between vertical and horizontal lines(see writing sample). It is a (very) flexy nib: I am not good with FP taxonomy and various people’s definitions of flex/semi-flex, but in my opinion this is a semi-flex. The nib is smooth but also with a tidy bit of the beautiful pencil-like feedback of vintage nibs: something which I personally very much enjoy. It is one of the coolest nibs I ever wrote with. The pen has been cleaned, the piston has been greased, it is good to go.
    The pencil is the 350, grey-marbled and with the tear-drop clip, made to match the 100N. It takes 1.18 mm which are now easily available on the internet. It will come stacked with a few of them, however. The mechanism works perfectly and for me is a perfect alternative to modern pencils: it is much more resilient, a sturdy piece of writing, while having the vintage elegance of Pelikan instruments. Similarly, the 1.18 is much more useful for everyday writing imho.

General Condition: very good-excellent
    Flaws: mild brassing of the FP clip which is barely noticeable but I tried to point it out in the photos (see the white circle), the usual microstraches. The slight discoloration of the section, custom for a lot of 100N (see photos).
    Price: A 100N alone in this condition is more than 300 USD. I am selling the entire set for 320 USD (NEW PRICE: 270 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Shipping: in general, tracked uninsured shipping is around 15 USD, but it also depends on the country. If you want/need insurance let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pasenow; November 6th, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Pelikan100N Set: Stubbish Flexy Ob And Matching Pencil ( Excellent Condition)

Still available ...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Pelikan100N Set: Stubbish Flexy Ob And Matching Pencil ( Excellent Condition)

Reduction to 295 USD ....

Thanks

Bump ...

Thanks

Reduction to 278 USD !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Bump ...

Thanks

Reduction!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 797 Posts

Could you post a picture of the nib?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carlos.q For This Useful Post:

pasenow (November 7th, 2019)

Thanks

Thanks so much for the comment: See the flicker album for several pics of the nib ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/182176...7711560862501/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pasenow For This Useful Post:

carlos.q (November 7th, 2019)

Thanks

Reduction to 258 USD