Thread: "Masters of The Fountain Pen" Videos

FPG Donor ♕
    Thanks

Default "Masters of The Fountain Pen" Videos

I realize this might not be the right place but assumed it is the place where the most people to have seen the videos may hang out.

There is a series of videos on Youtube called The Masters of The Fountain Pen. I don't know what happened but one of the videos in the series seems to have been gone for a couple of years and also seems to have disappeared from the internet entirely. I can't get the producers to respond about it at all.

Am I the only one who remembers the video in the series that showed one of the Masters welding iridiun tipping onto nib tines and then grinding them to shape?

Thanks

Default Re: "Masters of The Fountain Pen" Videos

I watched a few but if I remember correctly, they were filmed in Japanese. I usually don’t watch YouTube videos but listen to them as I move around the house or work on something simultaneously so subtitles don’t work well for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,066 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: "Masters of The Fountain Pen" Videos

I certainly remember watching that one, as the process of that spot welding was fascinating. Hope you find it again.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin