Thread: "Elegant"vintage FP unknown maker?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default "Elegant"vintage FP unknown maker?

Hello from snowy Milwaukee's Halloween
    Hoping the expertise here will help me solve this mystery pen. Picked it up at a local rummage sale for $7, cleaned and filled it. Nib seems a little scratchy, but it is a fine nib (I believe), and I haven't tried tuning it yet. Writes fairly nicely otherwise!
    I'm assuming from it's basic quality that it is probably a 2nd or 3rd tier pen, but I have not been able to identify it or find any others matching it!
    Here are a few rudimentary images. It seems to be a marbled celluloid barrel style, with an aerometric filler system. The arrow pocket clip is slightly bent away from the body; I don't know if the clip style indicates a Parker. The marking on the metal filler button says "Trade Mark/ELEGANT/Made in Japan" (Eeek?). The nib is also marked "Elegant"; with a "W" inside a soft 5-point star, and "Special" with a number "3" inside brackets (?) just into the section.
    Any of you experts run across this before, or hazard an educated guess? Maker & age?
    Mucho Thanks!
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lefty John For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (November 3rd, 2019), Kaputnik (October 31st, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (November 1st, 2019)