Thread: Help me identify my Montblanc

Thanks

Default Help me identify my Montblanc

Hi..

I recently came into these three pens, two of which are Montblanc's. I have no idea how long my grandfather had these for or when he got them. So weird that I've never seen them in his study before. Can someone help me to identify them. I know he travelled a lot in Asia, so maybe they're fake, however that doesn't sound like him, the Rolex I also received is real.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 Times in 4,000 Posts

Default Re: Help me identify my Montblanc

The Montblanc pens look like Meisterstücks. The FP looks like an older 146 (Le Grand) with a Classic BP.

Do you know how the FP fills? It should be a piston filler and the end cone should turn to fill or empty the pen. However, if it's not been used for a long time it might need a service as the piston mechanism could be stuck so please don't force anything. A soak in lukewarm water should do it good for a start.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

GORAK (November 1st, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    The Montblanc pens look like Meisterstücks. The FP looks like an older 146 (Le Grand) with a Classic BP.

Do you know how the FP fills? It should be a piston filler and the end cone should turn to fill or empty the pen. However, if it's not been used for a long time it might need a service as the piston mechanism could be stuck so please don't force anything. A soak in lukewarm water should do it good for a start.
    I apologize, I really don't know anything about pens...I'm not sure why he thought I would want these and I didn't know if I should take them to a place to get serviced...if it is worth it for older versions of these pens

The end cone DOES turn. I noticed that yesterday. It turns a few times and then seems to stop, and then it turns the other way and closes.

Thanks

I should have said "Thank you", I'm really sorry for that, I haven't finished my morning coffee. LOL

Thank you for the info, I watched a video regarding the 146 le grand and looked at my pen again. I don't see a serial number on "the clip". and apparently mine doesn't have the "Germany" on the right or left side of the clip, but rather right in the middle.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,712 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GORAK View Post

I should have said "Thank you", I'm really sorry for that, I haven't finished my morning coffee. LOL

Thank you for the info, I watched a video regarding the 146 le grand and looked at my pen again. I don't see a serial number on "the clip". and apparently mine doesn't have the "Germany" on the right or left side of the clip, but rather right in the middle.
    That's normal for that period pen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 Times in 4,000 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GORAK View Post

All you need to do to say thank you is to click on the Thanks button on the response, but it's no problem. I hope you can get your pen writing again.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post: