Thread: Happy Fountain Pen Day Y'all

Thanks
    Thanked 6,714 Times in 1,973 Posts

Default Happy Fountain Pen Day Y'all

It was end of September 2017 when I met the man, Mr. FPD himself, Cary Yeager at the Dallas Pen Show. If I remember that was his first time coming to Dallas for pen show also.

He is one of the most cool, laid back and nice gentleman, and we talked of course about the pens and the pen hobby and where it's all going. It was a blast.

Since then it became sort of a routine for us to meet at the Dallas Pen Show, he dropped me a few of his famous and ultra-collectible FPD pins, we had our chat, and we went on enjoying the show (as much as vendors can enjoy the show .

So Happy FPD y'all.

Last edited by penwash; November 1st, 2019 at 03:26 PM.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

azkid (November 3rd, 2019), carlos.q (November 1st, 2019), catbert (November 2nd, 2019), Chrissy (November 2nd, 2019), Jon Szanto (November 1st, 2019), Lady Onogaro (November 1st, 2019), Mark Dillon (November 3rd, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (November 2nd, 2019), Viktaurian (November 1st, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

Default Re: Happy Fountain Pen Day Y'all

This could have gone in the "what is your latest pen purchase" thread, but this will bump Will's post and honor the day.

So, Happy Fountain Pen Day 2019! I'm celebrating with my latest find: a 1941 Sheaffer Lifetime "Tuckaway" set, the 1st gen that was only made for 2 years. This one is a Vacuum-Fil version with 14k gold-filled cap and barrel, and matching (working!) pencil. A niche in my Sheaffer collection I've wanted to fill for a while, certainly worth the hunt. Oh, and bonus points to those who spot any other temporal connection to this day...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

Lady Onogaro (November 1st, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    This could have gone in the "what is your latest pen purchase" thread, but this will bump Will's post and honor the day.

So, Happy Fountain Pen Day 2019! I'm celebrating with my latest find: a 1941 Sheaffer Lifetime "Tuckaway" set, the 1st gen that was only made for 2 years. This one is a Vacuum-Fil version with 14k gold-filled cap and barrel, and matching (working!) pencil. A niche in my Sheaffer collection I've wanted to fill for a while, certainly worth the hunt. Oh, and bonus points to those who spot any other temporal connection to this day...

So beautiful an addition, Jon! Show us the pen uncapped.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Onogaro For This Useful Post:

Jon Szanto (November 1st, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by penwash View Post
    It was end of September 2017 when I met the man, Mr. FPD himself, Cary Yeager at the Dallas Pen Show. If I remember that was his first time coming to Dallas for pen show also.

He is one of the most cool, laid back and nice gentleman, and we talked of course about the pens and the pen hobby and where it's all going. It was a blast.

Since then it became sort of a routine for us to meet at the Dallas Pen Show, he dropped me a few of his famous and ultra-collectible FPD pins, we had our chat, and we went on enjoying the show (as much as vendors can enjoy the show .

So Happy FPD y'all.

And a happy Fountain Pen Day to you, too, Will. Some beautiful examples of your work. I love the little Salz pen in the picture.
    Lady Onogaro

"Be yourself--everybody else is already taken." --Oscar Wilde

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Onogaro View Post

So Happy FPD y'all.

And a happy Fountain Pen Day to you, too, Will. Some beautiful examples of your work. I love the little Salz pen in the picture.
    Thank you, Lady-O. Those little Peter Pan with flower ornaments are to cute for words. I don't have an ink sac small enough to fit those
    - Will

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

I don't have an ink sac small enough to fit those
    Wow. I don't think I've ever heard that before. A sac that small would make the pen pretty... unfunctional, yeah?
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post
    I don't have an ink sac small enough to fit those
    Wow. I don't think I've ever heard that before. A sac that small would make the pen pretty... unfunctional, yeah?
    Depends, if the functionality that we're after is an ornament that can write occassionally, I'd think that pen would do quite well
    - Will