Thread: The irony of getting something nice.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default The irony of getting something nice.

As noted on the 'whaddya waiting for in the mail" thread, I've somehow gotten my hands on another Parker 51. Don't know what I was thinking really, I should keep away from these cursed pens. Yet here I am, possibly cursed again.

Why, you may ask (or may not). Well, the problem is this:

This set has come to me in unusually (to my eye) good condition. The pencil has lead in it, and there is a sealed liquid lead refill included in the box. In my very limited view, this seems like the kind of pen set someone would have in a display collection rather than as a user pen (which is what I was after). More so because I understand now that the pencil and lead things are quite uncommon. BTW the colour is a rich dark blue, a true midnight blue, and I believe this colour is becoming hard to find.

So what do I do with it? This is clearly a set that is outside of the kind of the general quality I am used to. Perhaps it should go to a collector who will keep it in this condition, and I should look for something else?

I know it sounds silly, but I am sensitive to the idea that not everything has to be used, and maybe shouldn't be.

Or shall I just chuck some ink in that bad boy and write the hell out it?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Empty_of_Clouds For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (November 5th, 2019), amk (November 5th, 2019), BillPorter (November 4th, 2019), calamus (November 4th, 2019), suzy01 (November 3rd, 2019)