Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Naill View Post
Reading through these arguments remind me of shave forums where old Gillette models are identified with the case and not the razor. It can be confusing. Many times a person finds their dream razor only to have the other forum members explain it's in the wrong box. I sometimes think the factory might used whatever box was available at the end of the run. Perhaps this is true for this fine looking fountain pen. Perhaps its a prototype. In the end, members who rain on someone's parade and claim to be an expert makes actual discussion a chore. I trust the OP will be able to fully enjoy their prized FP. Cheers.

Often, the experts can't agree.
Sometimes, facts and logic produce conclusions that feel like rain. Shooting the messenger doesn't stop the rain.

Perhaps it's a prototype. Of course, this possibility can be applied to anything, leading to the baseless conclusion that no opinions can ever be rendered about the originality or correctness of any object. That's just silly. Luckily, Occam's (not Gillette's) Razor helps us with this.

--Daniel