Thread: Parker pen materials

Thanks
    Thanked 2,529 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default Parker pen materials

Does anyone know if the materials used to make the barrels and caps of the Parker Centennial/International pens is available to buy as stock rods? Talking about the patterned versions rather than the plain colours.

Cheers.

Edited one time for typo.

For those following such things, Grammarly Tone Detector gives this post 5/5 for Friendly, 1/5 for Joyful, and 1/5 for Confident. Whatever that means!
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; November 5th, 2019 at 03:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

Default Re: Parker pen materials

I have not seen any significant pieces for sale in quite a while. You might see if Kullock has anything.

Thanks

Then perhaps someone knows of an existing material that closely resembles them?

edit: I assume that the box arrived more or less intact and parts of the content were of some minor use.
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; November 6th, 2019 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 575 Posts

So it was from you! Yes it arrived after some issues at the local post office. They have issues with packages in general and since I'm a regular...

I haven't had a chance with the day job to really do much with pens for the last two weeks but thanks, I'll find a good home for it.

I also looked in my scrap material tonight looking for something else and found a few cap bodies in the blue marble and white/black marble from modern Duofolds. No rod or blocks.

If I run into any of the Janesville guys at a show I'll ask and when I talk to them I'll also bring up the question.

Farmboy

Thanks

Oh, don't trouble yourself. It was only a question borne of idle speculation.

As for the other matter, I don't know why I've kept pursuing these things given my track record, but I did find another recently that so far is not exactly lighting my fire, so that'll be the last of them. Maybe another package coming your way!
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; November 6th, 2019 at 10:06 PM.