Thread: Little tweaks

Thanks

Default Little tweaks

I always hated the Platinum converters. They get sticky, after a while. I had one that actually unscrewed itself, because the piston was so stiff it was easier for the top to unscrew than the piston to move! Fortunately I was only flushing it at the time...

And then someone advised me to strip them down, and add a tiny dab of silicone grease to the seal. I no longer hate and fear the Platinum converter. It made such a big difference and it was such an easy tweak. (Also, a no-risk tweak. You're not going to break anything doing this.)

So...

Do other geeks have their favourite easy little tweaks for particular pens or components?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amk For This Useful Post:

azkid (November 7th, 2019), Deb (November 7th, 2019), ethernautrix (November 7th, 2019), fountainpagan (November 7th, 2019), Sailor Kenshin (November 7th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,742 Posts

Default Re: Little tweaks

Find the right ink. Some pens 🖊 only write well with one particular ink, and with all other inks, are cranky unpleasant writers. Once you find that magical ink, stick with it.
    My other pen is a Montblanc.

And my other blog is a tumblr!

And my latest ebook, for spooky wintery reading:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2NGSSD

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Kenshin For This Useful Post:

amk (November 7th, 2019), azkid (November 8th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,452 Times in 4,002 Posts

Default Re: Little tweaks

I occasionally strip down Lamy red converters to lubricate them in a similar way. Also, I lubricate my pen syringe as that gets a bit sticky and less smooth to operate after a while.
    Even with converters that can't be stripped down you can sometimes lubricate them by adding a tiny bit of silicone grease on the point of a cocktail stick.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

amk (November 7th, 2019)