Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retired Pen Maker

Thanks

Default Re: Retired Pen Maker

If you are suffering mentally because you perceive someone or group of people in an industry are conspiring against you based on supposition (you've presented no 'facts') then might I suggest you take a break and re-asses your position. Perhaps, rather than the people you consider conspirators, it might be your attitude and deportment.

I don't think that anyone here is going to take up torches and pitchforks and march on the castle in your behalf.

Pens are a hobby. I enjoy collecting, using, viewing, discussing, and learning about pens. But I'm not going on a tirade about a perceived slight. I have more things to do and life is short.

If you're not having fun maybe you need another hobby or another attitude.

Cheers.
    Sg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    Dismissive and presumptive.
    This is the most insightful comment you have typed in this thread. It is such a shame that that it continues to elude you why.
    Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to silverlifter For This Useful Post:

sgphoto (February 28th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

The double standard here, on this forum, is that many people here offer complaints about customer service regarding either retail outlets or brand manufacturers, but consider it taboo to out the poor service of an independent maker.
    That is not true: there was recently a thread about the services of Greg Minuskin which discussed experiences, both good and bad, with him. It was pretty even-handed and shed a bit of light on the subject without anyone attempting to torpedo a person's business. It isn't taboo, it is just usually handled better. While this was not regarding, specifically, a person who crafts bespoke pens, it is close enough. If no one has complained about that Exact, Precise Service, maybe no one has had issues.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

How many years ago were you 'treated poorly' and how many years has the conspiracy against you been going on?

Did you ever think it's time to let it go? Or will this incident be carved on your tombstone?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,155 Posts

It never occurs to you, or anyone else commenting here, that I may actually have been treated poorly, does it.
    I get you weren't treated the way you hoped to be treated (see post no. 33 above). Happens to us all. You don't seem to get that you might have had the pleasure of the modified pen all these years. So you had to go to the back of the queue, the maker's personal projects took priority (arguably her right), etc. A small price in the grand scheme. Better in that respect at least than the current timeline.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to catbert For This Useful Post:

sgphoto (February 28th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,067 Times in 4,019 Posts

"If no one has complained about that Exact, Precise Service, maybe no one has had issues"
    This doesn't mean that nobody has had such issues...
    That is exactly why I said maybe.

It never occurs to you, or anyone else commenting here, that I may actually have been treated poorly, does it. Like Lindsay Graham saying he isn't going to be an impartial juror, but gets to sit on a case anyway.

You have a lovely pen now, handsome and unique. Why don't you just enjoy that, and leave all this absurdity behind? It would be a lot healthier.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

catbert (February 28th, 2020), Chemyst (February 29th, 2020), Deb (February 29th, 2020), Dreck (February 29th, 2020), sgphoto (February 28th, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,155 Posts

... haven't really seen anyone show any acceptance that what I said.
    Chopped liver here ...

Incidentally, can we have another persona now?

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbert For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (February 29th, 2020), Deb (February 29th, 2020), Jon Szanto (February 28th, 2020), sgphoto (February 29th, 2020), silverlifter (February 28th, 2020)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Empty_of_Clouds;284130]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Szanto View Post

It never occurs to you, or anyone else commenting here, that I may actually have been treated poorly, does it. Like Lindsay Graham saying he isn't going to be an impartial juror, but gets to sit on a case anyway.
    Hardly, as I haven't really seen anyone show any acceptance that what I said. It's a natural reaction.
    Two points to make then I'm done with this school boy grudge and grievance.

1. You are responsible for your first impression in dealing with others. Rightly or wrongly that's in your control. I can understand why you have failed to obtain some craftsmen to work with you.

2. You do not own your reputation. That is out of your control. Reputations are what other people think about you. To act like you are in charge of your reputation is like a small child acting like he controls the weather and cries when the weather doesn't co-operate.

No one must accept anything you say. The wise natural reaction would be to accept that and go on with your life and try to enjoy the few days left before you die. In the scheme of things this is drivel and no one cares.

'Memento mori'

I'm done.

Cheers.
    Sg

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sgphoto For This Useful Post:

Chemyst (February 29th, 2020), Chrissy (February 29th, 2020), Deb (February 29th, 2020), Dreck (February 29th, 2020), soretailedcat (February 29th, 2020)