Thread: FC Marietta

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,299 Posts

Default FC Marietta

Marietta
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; March 14th, 2020 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Default Re: FC Marietta

PM sent.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 1,103 Posts

Hi David,
    My pen was safely delivered back to me but when I tried to send you a PM to confirm, and to thank you for your generosity, you had disabled receipt of messages on your account and my PM was refused. I tried for a few days but you seemed to have left FPG at that time. I have a lot of things going on with a family illness at the moment so I’m afraid after I tried a few times it slipped my memory, for which I apologise. I’m away fro home again currently but will try a PM again on my return on Monday.

Thanks

When I saw this I thought, Hmm, odd that a new football club would start up in Marietta with Atlanta United so nearby... Some days, I amaze even myself!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to although For This Useful Post:

Sailor Kenshin (March 1st, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    A couple of years ago SBRE Brown, in a YouTube video (LINK), reviewed the Franklin Christoph Model #20 "Marietta" pen. To paraphrase, in this video Brown notes that the nib is set deep within the section, thus effectively forming a small 'cup' at the front of the section, and was concerned that this 'cup' may retain significant ink when the pen is filled by inserting the nib into a bottle of ink.
    It's true. If you are OCD it will drive you crazy. It is impossible to keep that area clean. You will get ink in there. Mine is transparent so yeah. Looks messy.
    Even if you fill the converter or eye dropper it, eventually ink gets in there and trying to wick it out is impossible. it just draws more ink into that little cup.
    It's okay for me. I don't love it but I can live with it and the Masuyama nib is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty_of_Clouds View Post
    also raises awareness about the suction of the cap and the risk/difficulty of uncapping. Similarly, has anyone here had any problems with this?

One of the reasons I am asking is that, failing getting a 3rd custom pen made, I will likely go to FC for that 3rd pen. However, before I do (if I do) I want to get as much information from users as possible. $200 is a lot of money to gamble on you see.
    Yes, But that was because the cap was defective and it was replaced free of charge and now it is not an issue at all.

---
    On the plus side:
    1. Nib options are great if you like Jowo nibs. I don't especially but I have a Masuyama grind on mine and that makes it special.
    2. For people like us FC is great. The shipping is ridiculous. I have purchased 4 times and all 4 times have been just astounded at the free fast shipping. My last I ordered on a Friday and it was here IN KOREA on Monday.
    3. In the hand the Model 20 is almost a perfect pen. VERY comfortable section. Super well balanced. Perfect size (imo) about the same size as an M600, Sheaffer Nononsense, and also similar to the Pilot 912. It's a size I like a lot and find very comfortable. The contour and lack of threads and the fact that the nib is inset makes it very easy for me to write with.

Do I love the slip cap? no. but it does allow for a really nice feel in the hand.