Thread: FC Marietta

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 626 Posts

Default FC Marietta

A couple of years ago SBRE Brown, in a YouTube video (LINK), reviewed the Franklin Christoph Model #20 "Marietta" pen. To paraphrase, in this video Brown notes that the nib is set deep within the section, thus effectively forming a small 'cup' at the front of the section, and was concerned that this 'cup' may retain significant ink when the pen is filled by inserting the nib into a bottle of ink.

Has anyone here with a Marietta found this to be an issue?

Brown also raises awareness about the suction of the cap and the risk/difficulty of uncapping. Similarly, has anyone here had any problems with this?

One of the reasons I am asking is that, failing getting a 3rd custom pen made, I will likely go to FC for that 3rd pen. However, before I do (if I do) I want to get as much information from users as possible. $200 is a lot of money to gamble on you see.

AA, TIA
    Last edited by Empty_of_Clouds; November 11th, 2019 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 1,031 Posts

Default Re: FC Marietta

PM sent.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 626 Posts

Default Re: FC Marietta

Just looking at the FC website I note that there are two designs of the model 20 (not including the "20p"). One version has grooves cut where the section and barrel meet, the other does not. Which is the later model?
    Also known as: Eeyore, and the misanthrope*

*because apparently 36 years working in health care, from primary care through to pathology services and now human health research, means I must surely hate all humanity.