Thread: Vintage Conklin Symetrik in Black

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 1,976 Posts

Default Vintage Conklin Symetrik in Black

The Symetrik was introduced following the Endura line by Conklin to match the Sheaffer Balance, and because of this, it has all the trimmings from the top-of-the-line Endura except of the rounded ends instead of flat.

Apart from being a handsome black pen, I like this pen also because it feels quite chunky and substantial. The earlier versions sported the Endura nib, and later switched to the Toledo 14K such as the one we have here.

And then the Toledo 14K nib is quite amazing, producing delicate hairlines and responds to slight pressure by rendering satisfying line variations.

The restored lever filler is also one of my favorites, it's very well designed with short lever that looks good, but attached to a long bar inside that works really well.

The sketch:

I rode air-cooled Honda motorcycles back when I was in high-school, although not this particular Honda S90 from the mid 60's which is the inspiration for the sketch. But should I ever had a chance again to own a motorcycle, I think I'd be looking for one like this.
    Last edited by penwash; November 12th, 2019 at 06:47 PM.
    - Will
    Unique and restored vintage pens: Redeem Pens

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to penwash For This Useful Post:

amk (November 13th, 2019), carlos.q (November 13th, 2019), Chrissy (November 14th, 2019), Pterodactylus (November 13th, 2019), Yazeh (February 17th, 2020)