Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conid not taking orders...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Conid not taking orders...

Quote Originally Posted by AlecG View Post
    the message looks more like a: "you did not pay your fees, we warned you":

The account which is hosting this domain has been temporarily disabled.
    If you are the owner of this account, please check your e-mail and contact support or your sales representative.
    On Safari to access https://www.conidpen.com, I get:

Thanks

That is right, safari is warning you that the SSL certificate isn't valid, but if you click trough the warnings you'll get the message I've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    the message looks more like a: "you did not pay your fees, we warned you":

The account which is hosting this domain has been temporarily disabled.
    If you are the owner of this account, please check your e-mail and contact support or your sales representative.
    On Safari to access ...., I get:

Thanks

the fontoplumo conids are unavailable on the webshop as well
    Omas lover, and have a few other pens

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piscov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eciton View Post
    I had exchanged a few emails with Conid not just as a repeat customer but as a reviewer of three of their models for ukfountainpens.com. I sent them an email a few weeks ago in that capacity, just asking for anything to break the radio silence. No reply at all.
    Have you tried emailing Francis?

Enviado do meu Mi 9T Pro através do Tapatalk

I hadn't been dealing with Francis and don't have his direct details, I'm afraid — it was Jonas and Koen I had been emailing.

Thanks

I'll try to contact Francis

Best regards Vasco
    Please visit www.penalusa.com
    Best regards
    Vasco

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

Thanks

I contacted Conid and spoke with a very polite gentleman. I told him that I wasn’t going to speak on their behalf, but Conid is still an operating subsidiary of their parent company, and they are currently working with their isp to ge their website back up. I requested they send an email update out to their customers to let us know what their plans are. Hopefully they can agree to a date to when they want to open.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RatedRKhan For This Useful Post:

ChrisJ (September 30th, 2020), Detman101 (September 30th, 2020), SlowMovingTarget (October 1st, 2020), Stands on Feet (September 30th, 2020)

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Thanks

They’ve just put an update on their Facebook page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RatedRKhan View Post
    I contacted Conid and spoke with a very polite gentleman. I told him that I wasn’t going to speak on their behalf, but Conid is still an operating subsidiary of their parent company, and they are currently working with their isp to ge their website back up. I requested they send an email update out to their customers to let us know what their plans are. Hopefully they can agree to a date to when they want to open.

Thank you for doing this!

Thanks

This is rather vague.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperService View Post
    They’ve just put an update on their Facebook page.
    From the Facebook page:

"Dear Conid enthusiasts,
    First and foremost, we hope every one of you has been safe and sound during the past (very challenging) months. The biggest challenge being the fight against the Covid-19/Corona crisis. Our main focus has been on the health and safety of not only our own, but also for the world population. Our mother company Komec Helsen is the main supplier for a pharmaceutical company and our full attention was required to ensure they would be able to keep on producing without failure. Thus we opted to postpone the restart of Conid.
    We wanted to let everybody know that we have not been sitting still, on the contrary. The little time we had left for Conid we have used to work on the long term future of Conid. We have been working on a lot of aspects with the sole purpose of improving quality and consistency while reducing lead times. Before taking the “pause to restart” we made a couple promises and we intend to keep all of them, except one: restarting on May 1...
    This date is postponed, but rest assured, we will be back and we will be back stronger than ever before.
    We would like to express our gratitude for the vast amount of support and understanding that we received from all of you!
    We also wish you and your loved ones a good health. Stay safe, stay strong!
    The Conid team"

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mulrich For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (October 3rd, 2020), FredRydr (September 30th, 2020), grainweevil (October 1st, 2020), SlowMovingTarget (October 1st, 2020)

Thanks

​Good and not so good news.
    I live close by at 50 minutes drive from Conid and had the audacity to phone him.
    So I just spoke on the phone with Werner.
    Really kind guy!

Not so good:
    - They are still fully booked/overbooked with orders for their core business: CNC-producing close tolerance high quality parts and products for the process/medical industry.
    - This year it is not to be expected that they will start producing fountain pens again.

Good:
    - He was certain that they will start next year again.
    - They really like this side business, it's a hobby that went out of control (and don't we all know that?!?). That is their main motivation, I think.
    - A large amount of parts has been CNC produced and is ready for finishing and assembly (but not all parts that are needed for a pen are ready yet, so ordering a do-it-yourself-kit isn't possible. Sorry tried that 🙂 so that is a second reason to be sure they will get back.
    - But Werner was also really sure they would be back, because they ordered a really large amount of their custom nibs at Bock. They received it in May last year just before Covid started to mess things up.
    As nibs are an expensive investment, certainly when made to order with your own logo, they will again make the pens and sell nibs.

For me personally it's a difficult one. My daughter wrecked my Pilot 823. And although it is a particular ugly pen IMHO, it is a really good workhorse. So I will definitely buy a Kingsize titanium demonstrator
    But the only pen I have left is a Lamy 2000 and I really like the looks, but it's too small and doesn't hold enough ink. Yet my frugal/minimalistic nature prevents me from ordering another Pilot 823 for just 6 or 9 months or so.
    On the other hand, another 6 to 9 months with the Lamy 2k is really not something I look forward to.
    Then again, I'm also not in a position to pay 2 or 3 time the MRSP on eBay/marketplaces.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AlecG For This Useful Post:

ChrisJ (September 4th, 2021), da vinci (September 3rd, 2021), FredRydr (September 3rd, 2021), guyy (September 3rd, 2021), HerrFlik (September 3rd, 2021), junglejim (September 3rd, 2021), mizgeorge (September 3rd, 2021), rickap (September 3rd, 2021), silverlifter (September 3rd, 2021), Stands on Feet (September 3rd, 2021)

Thanks

​...I live close by at 50 minutes drive from Conid and had the audacity to phone him. So I just spoke on the phone with Werner....​
    Thank you for taking the initiative and sharing what you learned.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,011 Posts

In the SF Pen Posse group on Facebook, a couple of people reported speaking to a fellow at the SF show who had a 'CONID' table. He was not an official representative (hence my scare quotes), but is a longtime friend and fan. He said they most definitely intend on beginning production again, but all of their work and time has been involved with the production of ventilator machines and parts due to COVID. While this is a hobby aspect to the group/company, the indications from all reports were that they would return to making pens as soon as they were able. My impression is that this will always be a somewhat-organized side-effort and never a full-on company.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin