Thread: Flexy (Semi-Flex?) Vintage Ef: Black Pelikan 140, Excellent Condition

Thanks

Default Flexy (Semi-Flex?) Vintage Ef: Black Pelikan 140, Excellent Condition

I am selling my Black Pelikan 140 in very good condition. It is one of the rarer versions of the 140, by contrast with the common green/black model. Despite more than 50 years of existence, the pen is basically in excellent shape with little signs of wear and, in its cute elegance, one of my favorite every-day writers.

More importantly the pen features an excellent EF. The EF is smooth with a tidy bit of feedback for writing control: the line is closer to an F in my Japanese-influenced opinion: basically in line with Pelikan's tradition of wider strokes. It is a very flexy nib with excellent line variation: I am not good with FP taxonomy and various peoples definitions of flex/semi-flex, but in my opinion this is a definitely a semi-flex (see the writing sample for a taste of it). As you can see from the writing sample, despite being an EF, the nib is quite “shady” probably due to the excellent Pelikan ebonite feeds. This makes it excellent for experimenting with your inks and their various shades. At the same time the nib is not very sensitive to writing angles, making it an excellent EDC choice.

More, better quality photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJscpMZ
    General Condition: very good-excellent
    Flaws: the usual microstraches, very slight brassing that I tried to capture in my pictures but they are barely noticeable
    Price: due to its condition, the rarer black color and the beautiful nib, 168 USD (PAYPAL or Bank transfer if you want).
    Shipping: in general, tracked uninsured shipping is around 15 USD, but it also depends on the country.

PS: Sorry for my awful calligraphy skills.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Default Re: Flexy (Semi-Flex?) Vintage Ef: Black Pelikan 140, Excellent Condition

Price is negotiable

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk