Thread: WTB Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149

Thanks

Default WTB Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149

I've decided to gift myself with my first expensive fountain pen - the Montblanc Meisterstuck 149. Fine nib.

I know next to nothing about buying expensive pens (expensive, at least for me). I would like a gold nib, but of course, I don't know the difference between 14K and 18K or which one I'd want. Or, if it makes a difference.

I also don't know the difference between the 149 and 146, other than the 146 appears smaller. Or how either compares to the LeGrand?

Background: I am not a collector or reseller. The few fountain pens I have - Opus 88 Demonstrator, TWSBI Eco T, Kaweco Sport, Lamy, and Waterman Phileas, all have Fine nibs and ALL are workhorse pens. I write everyday, I expect my fountain pens to write as well. I am not looking for anything temperamental or finicky. I do not live near any fountain pen stores or clubs.

I'm in no rush, however, if the right deal came along, I could act quickly!

Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,367 Times in 3,978 Posts

Default Re: WTB Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149

The 146 and the Le Grand are the same pen and it is slightly smaller than the large and fat 149. Most of the Montblanc Writer's Edition pens are based on the 146 size, but there are some exceptions to that.

Good luck in your search and be very careful before you spend such a lot of money on your pen. If searching on ebay for your pen ensure you know all of the smallest details about the 149 before you make your decision to purchase, check out all of the pictures, and always pay by a secure payment method such as PayPal. (Also, don't be tempted to use their Friends & Family option.)
    Last edited by Chrissy; November 19th, 2019 at 10:04 AM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

And Who Disguised As (December 23rd, 2019), Chuck Naill (December 25th, 2019)

Thanks

Default Re: WTB Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149

Thank you, Chrissy.

And if any FPGeekers have a used (user grade) 146 or 149 for sale, please shoot me a message.