Thread: Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in 3 new colors, non-flex nibs available soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 439 Posts

Default Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in 3 new colors, non-flex nibs available soon

Nathan has released a few images of the new ebonite Konrads he'll be bringing to the New England Pen Show, in addition to the treasure trove of goodies he's already mentioned.

Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in Sahara Ripple

Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in Rebellion Ripple pictured with non-flexible nibs.

Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in Methuselaha's Pine Cone

The ebonite Konrad is a piston-filling fountain pen that comes with a steel semi-flexible nib and sells for $40. Many users have complained of poor performance with the flex nib and have swapped them out with rigid, non-flexible steel nibs. It looks like Noodler's is trying remedy that problem with their own non-flexible nibs that will be available at the New England Pen Show and will even come with any pen purchased at the show.

The new nib and the 3 new colors of ebonite should be available from retailers very soon.
    Last edited by dannzeman; June 12th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannzeman For This Useful Post:

TMac (June 13th, 2013)

Thanks

Default Re: Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in 3 new colors, non-flex nibs available so

$40? Really? Where have I been, seems like their price doubled over night. Much as I really don't care for Noodlers, I am grateful to learn that there's a pen that can readily (or reasonably so) take a dip pen nib.
    Sent from my constipated POS computer at work.

Thanks

Default Re: Noodler's Ebonite Konrad fountain pen in 3 new colors, non-flex nibs available so

The price for the ebonite Konrads have always been $40. You may be thinking of the original Konrads made from cellulose acetate that only cost $20.

••• Sent from my mobile. Please excuse my brevity. •••

somegai

Doubled? Not really.
    That model has always been $40

Thanks

My mistake.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 555 Posts

note the ebonite pens are considerably larger than the original ones. $40 is a great price for those pens, I have 3.

Thanks

The quality is much better on the Ebonite pens and well worth the money asked, in fact they seem to be to be a bargain!
    Wanted: Clever signature
    Apply in person....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 598 Posts

Green ripple!!! So cool!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Those pens look terrific and are terrific bargains.

Thanks Nathan!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,419 Posts

I'm actually not so found of these scalloped swirl patterns, but I love the Konrad and own two other versions ($20).

Syed Ali

I\'m a bit confused on the naming. I bought my Konrad Ripple Ebonite pens from the Goulets, the Khaki and black design was featured there as \"Sahara Grey\". The reddish brown and black ripple design was featured as \"Rebellion Red\". And there was a third design called \"Dixie #10\" which is ver similar to sahara grey but with a black cap and also blind cap is black as well.

Here the brown red black ripple is called Methuselah\'s Pine Cone, and the rebellion ripple design is the green ripple instead.

Does anyone have the difinitive names for each design, or are they called different things at different places.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSherbs View Post
    I'm actually not so found of these scalloped swirl patterns, but I love the Konrad and own two other versions ($20).
    I have to agree with you there. They look so dull and unfinished. Maybe if they were more polished they wouldn't look so amateurishly home made. Then again maybe I'm just attracted to shiny things (DOH!). It's probably simply the design of the material not taking well to a matte finish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syed Ali View Post
    I\'m a bit confused on the naming. I bought my Konrad Ripple Ebonite pens from the Goulets, the Khaki and black design was featured there as \"Sahara Grey\". The reddish brown and black ripple design was featured as \"Rebellion Red\". And there was a third design called \"Dixie #10\" which is ver similar to sahara grey but with a black cap and also blind cap is black as well.

Here the brown red black ripple is called Methuselah\'s Pine Cone, and the rebellion ripple design is the green ripple instead.

Does anyone have the difinitive names for each design, or are they called different things at different places.
    Nathan describes two of the colors in his latest YouTube video as follows:
    The darker pinecone pattern is called "Methuselah's Pinecone" after one of the oldest living organisms on earth, the ivory and black is known as "Sahara".

Senior Member Waski_the_Squirrel's Avatar
    Thanks

I own a mottled green and a Sahara ripple. The green is my favorite color and the ripple is my favorite design, so I'm happy to see them mixed together.

It's depressing that whenever I go to buy these pens the company is out of stock.

Thanks

I hope there is a green ripple in my future.

Thanks

Seriously tempted by the green ripple, and the Pinecone themed pen, Bristlecone pine is one of the Nevada state trees (the other is the single-leaf pinion), although the one the pen is named after is in California...
    Wanted: Clever signature
    Apply in person....