Thread: 1980's magnificent MB146

Thanks

Default 1980's magnificent MB146

I am letting go of one of my wonderful writers: a 1980’s Montblanc 146 with all original parts and original Montblanc box, including a filling instructions insert.

The pen has a proper grey window, ebonite feed, monocolor gold nib and a very shiny body with almost no micro scratches and no other flaws. There is no brassing on the trim, the piston works as it should, the flow is perfectly balanced, and a stub nib in Fine is truly magnificent, offering some line variation and crispness of script while staying nicely smooth and forgiving. This beautiful pen starts every time and skips never.

Is this a museum-grade specimen? Not really. Is this a pen you will reach for just to doodle with for no reason because you adore the way it writes? Yup. Will you have smile playing on your lips as you do so? Most likely.

At this time I am offering this pen for sale in the US only (and may be in Canada, but with appropriate shipping costs adjustments, and obvious cross-border shipping caveats). Only the pen, the box and the filling instructions are being sold. The rest of the items on the photos are not included.

Price: US$295, shipped priority USPS mail within USA.
    Attached Images Attached Images