Thread: Hillsborough...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Exclamation Hillsborough...

So i heard on the radio this morning, someone saying that despite the acquittal of the police officer ultimately responsible for public safety on the occasion of the Hillsborough disaster - "lessons needed to be learned"...

sorry, what?!

Hillsborough, Grenfell, the Titanic, the Victoria Hall Disaster... how many other avoidable mass casualty incidents?

Situations like these are well past the time for 'lessons learned'; why are we not applying 'strict liability' in such cases? This shouldn't be a matter of trial, inquest, or enquiry - named individuals should have a defined duty of care and should be held criminally responsible when serious harm or death occurs, without exception and in a timely manner.

What example are we giving to business operators and persons in positions of public reposibility - that they can get away with something as near as, if not in name, murder?
    As much as some quarters may like to criticise certain states' governments, i'm fairly sure i know how China or North Korea would dispose of such 'traitors' as David Duckenfield et al.

The owners of Hillsborough (and Grenfell, and the Titanic...), the police, and the FA, were in charge of ensuring public safety at an event they held, advertised, promoted, regulated, and inspected - - - people died as a result of their actions and inactions... in the absence of justifiable excuse they should of all have been sentenced to life imprisonment (if not death) within weeks of the event.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SIR For This Useful Post:

welch (April 26th, 2020)