Thread: Imporium Number

Thanks

Default Imporium Number

Hello All,

I bought an Imporium yesterday at the Sheffield Pen Show. I am intrigued by the number printed on the section -

1 03744

DSCN4818[1].JPG

Could it be a serial number? Date code? Any information gratefully received.

Judging by the amount of red ink that has come out of it when soaking, it probably belonged to a teacher in a former life!

Looking forward to filling it and trying it out.

Thanks

Default Re: Imporium Number

Can't comment on the number, but that's a personna not an imporium. The latter is a modern release with the same barrel and grip, one of the alternate caps that was considered, and the present Lamy 14k gold nib, where as the Personna had it's own 14k or 18k (depending on year) nib. If you got that for Imporium money then you got an absolute bargain at present prices (I'm after a black and gold personna to go alongside my black and gold imporium).

Thanks

Thank you dapprman. How ignorant I am. Indeed it is a Persona, and has the same nib shape as the Lamy Lady.

I don't know what Imporium money is, but I'm happy with what I paid for it.

Does this mean that I have to look for an Imporium to go with it?

Thanks

The general consensus is that the two nibs (depending on year) are better than the Imporium, something I just will have to test My problem is I want a personna for imporium money, but they seem to be going for around twice as much at present.

Thanks

PM Sent.

Thanks

It was a 1990 Persona, the '91-2000 all had a tiny dot on the clip, to prevent the pen from rolling off the desk. Mine is a 1990 with out the dot, was an 18K OB with no line variation.
    Pendelton Brown made it a very nice CI; so now it always has line variation.

I've tried the Imporium at the Lamy B&M in Heidelberg (only Lamy pens are sold there); which has a great nib if one wants a bit of spring. It only goes 2 X with easy tine bend and spread.............a very very nice nib.

Had it gone 3 X, it would have been almost or maybe would be semi-flex, and I'd have one, but it don't ,and at E-360 or so, is out of my range. Especially for a 2 X nib.
    For me who is more than spoiled with semi-flex nibs....such a shame, it is an almost nib.
    If you don't have a hand full of semi-flex, the Imporium will be a soft wrting nib. I suggest not going with the black coated nib, in that coating falls off.
    Last edited by BoBo Olson; November 9th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.