Thread: ~FS~ Sheaffer's Balance Demonstrator - Sheaffer's Jade Flat Top - Spencerian

Thanks

Default ~FS~ Sheaffer's Balance Demonstrator - Sheaffer's Jade Flat Top - Spencerian

Hi all,

These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

If you see one or more pens that you like, please reply to me at:

michael@northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. circa 1934 Sheaffer's Balance demonstrator in transparent green. There is no damage to report. The barrel imprint is deep with a patent number on the bottom line of the imprint. There is no nib, but I am not sure that it ever had one. Most Balance demonstrators that you see are kind of a light amber color. Capped the pen measures 5 5/8 inches or 13.7 cm. The condition is Excellent plus.

Price $475.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

2. circa 1934 Sheaffer's flat top, short model in jade green. There is no damage to report on this pen. As you can see in the photos, the color is excellent. The barrel imprint is sharp and crisp. This is a Lifetime model with the white dot on the top of the cap. The nib is a very smooth writing Extra Fine 14K with the Lifetime imprint. The pen appears to have had little use. The ink flow us excellent. Capped the pen measures 4 1/2 or 11.5 cm. The condition is Excellent.

Price $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

3. 1930 Spencerian fountain pen in green and bronze. The pen has very nice gold filled trim, but I noticed a couple of problems with it. It has about a 1 millimeter crack from the vent hole into the left tine. There are a couple of cracks in the cap lip, one goes to the cap band and the other curves above the cap band. Spencerian pens were made by Conklin, and I think they were sold by Winsor & Newton, the fine art supply company in England. They had a building about 2 1/2 blocks from Waterman's, on Broadway in NYC. The nib is a smooth writing Flexible Fine 14K with generous ink flow. Capped the pen measures 5 1/8 inches or 13.0 cm.

Price $115.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

Rules, Shipping, Etc.

The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
    ~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item. I will give you 5 days to
    decide if you like the pen or not. I prefer payment by PayPal but also
    accept checks or money orders in USD. I can only accept payment by
    PayPal from countries outside the U.S. I ship worldwide, so
    international customers are always welcome.

Prices are post paid in the U.S., and will be shipped with a tracking
    number and insurance. I normally ship inside the U.S. by U.S.
    Postal Service Priority Mail. I also ship to other countries by Priority
    Mail. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,
    if you request it, but it is costly.

Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
    returned. If there is a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the problem
    or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a full refund
    will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to send the item
    (pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be corrected, I will
    not be responsible for any other problems.

Happy penning!

Michael McNeil

E-mail: michael@northwestpenworks.com

Thanks

Default Re: ~FS~ Sheaffer's Balance Demonstrator - Sheaffer's Jade Flat Top - Spencerian

Bump