Thread: The Height of Form and Function aka Esterbrook?!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,078 Times in 4,024 Posts

Default Re: The Height of Form and Function aka Esterbrook?!

A pen that I haven't seen mentioned (and sorry if I missed) is the Sheaffer No-Nonsense line of pens.

The only thing it gives up to the Esterbrook is as many nib options, yet the pen could still be found wifh f/m/b standard nibs, as well as f/m/b italic nibs. To this day, it is rare to find one (remotely well cared for) that has cracked, there is no filling system to be concerned with restoring (simply pop in a cartridge) and converters can be used. The pens were reliable writers and a good size to hold. If I was going to give someone some vintage pens to put in a backpack and go to school and have bombproof results, I'd pick those over a sac filler. They can still be picked up used for next to nothing and there is almost no restoration to be done.

Just a thought, from someone who also owns a whole bunch of Esties.
    "When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick;
    and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Szanto For This Useful Post:

AzJon (March 29th, 2020), azkid (March 29th, 2020), Chuck Naill (March 29th, 2020)