Thread: Weird Parker 21 or something else?

Thanks

Default Weird Parker 21 or something else?

I just won a job lot and there is something that looks quite like a Parker 21 but looks a bit like a Chinese 61 close as well. Any ideas?

I wasn't really buying it for this pen so I don't mind if it's of negligible value and the 51 I was buying for parts.

Thanks

Default Re: Weird Parker 21 or something else?

Maybe a foreign knockoff?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Default Re: Weird Parker 21 or something else?

The cap is not the cap of a Parker 61. I'm not clear in my mind from looking at the photograph whether the clip is anywhere close to the clip of a Super 21. The various 21s certainly didn't have a 61's arrow on the hood.

What is inside the pen? Not a 61's capillary filler, I would guess. A Parker converter? An international converter? A squeeze filler as found on real Parker pens? The number 21 doesn't look quite right to me, and on my Super 21s the number is flanked left and right by the word PARKER, but then Parker manufactured in a variety of countries and I am not on top of what may have been done in Argentina or Brazil. Or indeed Australia.

To be fair to pen fakers, individual or corporate, I think if this were a fake or homage 21 or 61 it would come closer to the original.

We can only await news from the most knowledgeable among us. And not all questions have answers.