Thread: Ink Review: Diamine Bloody Absinth (Seitz-Kreuznach Exclusive)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,361 Times in 3,977 Posts

Default Ink Review: Diamine Bloody Absinth (Seitz-Kreuznach Exclusive)

Today I'm reviewing Diamine Bloody Absinth ink.

Diamine Bloody Absinth is a Diamine Exclusive ink made specially for sale by Seitz-Kreuznach in Germany.

This is a very saturated dark green slightly teal leaning ink with fabulous red sheen. It doesn’t have quite as much sheen as the Organics Studio high sheen inks, but has more sheen than what you would call a “standard” ink. In my opinion, Diamine don’t have a current standard ink that is is very similar to Bloody Absinth, although November Rain is probably the closest. Bloody Absinth is a blue leaning green. Fairly similar to Organics Studio Henry D Thoreau Walden Pond.

It’s a very nice dark "forest green" ink, whether you can always see the red sheen with your pen and paper or not.
    It washed off of my hands after two washes and it easily flushes out of my converters and pens just using water.
    It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance.
    It dried quite quickly on most reasonably absorbent papers and once dry it didn’t smudge or smear. I tested for this by rubbing across my writing. I saw no green or red on my fingers, and no smudging on the page.

With these high sheen inks showthrough and bleedthrough can be a problem. There was a bit of showthrough on some of the papers I wrote on, although I could still have written on the reverse of all them with no problem.

The red sheen is usually more visible when using pens with wet flow and broader nibs on coated, less absorbent paper.

• Flow Rate: Good.
    • Lubrication: Good.
    • Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
    • Start-up: Immediate.
    • Saturation: Very saturated ink.
    • Shading Potential: A little shading with fine nibs or dry writing pens.
    • Sheen: Excellent red sheen
    • Show-Through:
      • Clairefontaine Matris
      • Moleskine Clone (UK)
      • Rhodia Dot Pad
      • Tomoe River 52gsm
      • Silvine Notebook

• Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Seen occasionally with my wet B nib.
    • Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
    • Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen - easy clean-up with water.
    • Staining (hands): Needed two washes
    • Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
    • Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and has no water resistance.
    • Availability: Exclusive to Seitz-Kreuznach Germany. At the time of this review it was for sale as an 80ml glass bottle on Amazon.co.uk for £15.22 with free delivery.

Diamine Bloody Absinth.jpg
    Last edited by Chrissy; January 29th, 2020 at 02:11 PM.
    Regards, Chrissy | My Review Blog: inkyfountainpens

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chrissy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aurore (January 3rd, 2020), carlos.q (January 2nd, 2020), Jon Szanto (January 7th, 2020), junglejim (January 9th, 2020), Lady Onogaro (January 3rd, 2020), Marsilius (January 7th, 2020), mreeveshp (January 9th, 2020), Robert (January 2nd, 2020), Scrawler (January 8th, 2020), VertOlive (January 2nd, 2020), Voiren (January 3rd, 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Ink Review: Diamine Bloody Absinth (Seitz-Kreuznach Exclusive)

Nice review (as always), and what a great color.
    Fortibus es in ero

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marsilius For This Useful Post:

Chrissy (January 7th, 2020)