Thread: Is anyone here a "cradle" FP user?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 588 Posts

Default Is anyone here a "cradle" FP user?

I'm in my 70s, and when I was a kid there were fountain pens and even dip pens pretty much all over the place. I can't remember when I made the switch from (crappy, cheap) fountain pens to ball point pens, but once I did, I stayed with them for years before discovering the joys of non-crappy fountain pens. Nowadays, I go weeks or even months at a time without touching a ball point pen, and then only when dire necessity arises.

That got me to wondering about something. I wonder if there's anyone on this forum who has used fountain pens as his or her primary writing implement for their entire life, since childhood. Please, if you are such a one, don't be shy! Step right up to the mike and tell us about it. Pretty please, with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped nuts and two -- okay, three -- cherries on top.
    Quid rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. — Horace
    (What are you laughing at? Just change the name and the joke’s on you.)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to calamus For This Useful Post:

fountainpagan (May 2nd, 2020), fountainpenkid (June 18th, 2020), Jon Szanto (February 1st, 2020), TFarnon (August 23rd, 2020), ThriveToScribe (June 15th, 2020), VertOlive (January 8th, 2020), welch (June 18th, 2020)