Thread: Just got my Tuckaway back from Pentiques

Thanks

Default Just got my Tuckaway back from Pentiques

I had bought this Sheaffer Tuckaway a while ago and recently sent it off to Aaron at Pentiques to be put back into working order. They did a great job of putting this pen back into working order and now it has gone into my regular writing rotation.
    I just wanted to say thank you to Aaron and Kim at Pentiques for the great job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hello, my name is Nathan. Pleased to make your aquaintance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,290 Times in 837 Posts

Default Re: Just got my Tuckaway back from Pentiques

Would love to see a close up of that pen....

Is it postable ?

Thanks

Sure can. Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hello, my name is Nathan. Pleased to make your aquaintance.

Thanks

A WWII-era (1942-1945) Triumph Tuckaway. Carmine celluloid. $12.50 back in the day. Part of the pen series/family that intro'd the sheath nib (or was it Sheath nib), that eventually took the name Triumph nib from the Triumph pen that housed it. A great little pen. The 1940's Sheaffers long received short shrift from collectors for a variety of reasons, some better than others. That the last decade or so has seen marked improvement in restoration techniques has improved the collectability of Sheaffer from that era.

I'm fond of these.

Nice to see Aaron's good work showing up.

I could offer some 1940's Sheaffer Eye Candy, but don't want to swamp the thread. Also, we had a monster thread on collecting Sheaffer Tuckaway pens over at Fountain Pen Board. If anyone has interest in the 1940's Tuckies models/styles I could post a link

Thanks for sharing.

regards

david
    Last edited by david i; June 16th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david i View Post
    A WWII-era (1942-1945) Triumph Tuckaway. Carmine celluloid. $12.50 back in the day. Part of the pen series/family that intro'd the sheath nib (or was it Sheath nib), that eventually took the name Triumph nib from the Triumph pen that housed it. A great little pen. The 1940's Sheaffers long received short shrift from collectors for a variety of reasons, some better than others. That the last decade or so has seen marked improvement in restoration techniques has improved the collectability of Sheaffer from that era.

I'm fond of these.

I could offer some 1940's Sheaffer Eye Candy, but don't want to swamp the thread. Also, we had a monster thread on collecting Sheaffer Tuckaway pens over at Fountain Pen Board. If anyone has interest in the 1940's Tuckies models/styles I could post a link

Thanks for sharing.

regards

david
    I'd love that link!
    Will
    If my p.m box is full, feel free to email me at dabantur@gmail.com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fountainpenkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by david i View Post

I'm fond of these.

Thanks for sharing.

regards

david
    I'd love that link!
    Here's the link. FIve pages. Meanders a bit, as this has not been cleaned up into, say, a magazine article. It does build nicely, including lists of all the variants, with some tweaking along the way.

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/in...-more-to-come/

regards

david
    David R. Isaacson, MD

http://www.vacumania.com : Sales site for guaranteed, restored collectible pens.

The Fountain Pen Board /FPnuts : Archived Message Board with focus on vintage.

The Fountain Pen Journal: The new glossy full-color print magazine, published/edited by iconic fountain pen author Paul Erano.

Facebook pen group "Fountain Pens"/FPnuts: Davey's casual Facebook group for collectible pens.
    31000 members and growing. World's heftiest daily vintage pen eye candy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david i For This Useful Post:

firstpancake (August 16th, 2013), fountainpenkid (June 16th, 2013)