Thread: (BIG 140 $ DISCOUNT): Very Rare Gray Striped Pelikan 400: 1950S Semi-Flex Nib

Thanks

Default (BIG 140 $ DISCOUNT): Very Rare Gray Striped Pelikan 400: 1950S Semi-Flex Nib

I am selling a Pelikan 400 NN in its very rare GRAY-striped version. The pen is in excellent condition. The piston mechanism runs smoothly and has been recently greased, there are no stains on the barrel, the gold furniture is in very good condition with very little brassing (see the pics). Of course, there are no cracks or deep scratches, except for the usual micro ones.

The pen features a beautiful M nib, one of those M that can really give joy to the writer. It is a very, very smooth M. As you can see from the writing sample, the nib tends to be quite “shady” and deliciously wet, probably due to the excellent Pelikan ebonite feeds. I’m not good with flex-classifications but I would call this a semi-flex going to almost 1.8 -2 mm (personal estimation) and allowing some really fun calligraphic experiences (see the writing sample). The rather crooked shape of the nib is very helpful when flexing, while the tipping makes it acceptable for those who tend to rotate their pens. One of the nibs I really adore.

More and better quality pics here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmKhVFbM
    Due to its rarity and its very good condition I am selling the pen for 435 (390 Euro) but I am ready to hear your offers. NEW PRICE: 295 USD

Postage: From France, tracked uninsured is usually around 15 USD (takes 2-3 days for Europe, 5 for CONUS, 6 for the rest, but this is just an indicative timing). Also keep in mind that the season is very busy but I haven’t encountered any issues until now.
    Attached Images Attached Images