Thread: Ink Review - Black Stone Red Cashmere

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,213 Posts

Post Ink Review - Black Stone Red Cashmere

This is a first review.
    To me personally the colour, shading and sensation of the ink are important. I can forgive many things, if the ink has that ​je ne said quoi factor.
    In preparing this review, I appreciated many times more, the work of so many reviewers, that I've enjoyed over the years, thank you.
    From what I understand Red Cashmere, in its powdered form, was the genesis of Black Stone inks, in Australia. I was intrigued by this ink, as the powdered version offered distinct sheening.

My sample came from fountainfeder.
    I was taken aback by the colour as it transformed from a full throated luscious red into dark, almost blackish red. But it grew on me as I played around with it, especially it can have quite dramatic shading.
    To me it's a reddish version of Ancient Copper.
    One issue, I found with this ink was startup. Nothing that a dip in a water wouldn't solve, but still. I hope it was a fluke. But when flowing it's a joy to write with.
    The ink has low to no water resistance on Tomoe River paper, but can survive taking a short shower on cheap absorbent paper.
    I used a vintage Conway Stewart with OB flex nib and Jinhao 450, with a medium nib for my testing and Rhodia notebook.
    I wish I had other dark reds, shading inks to compare with, but I will leave that to the more seasoned members of this forum.

Review

Red Cahsmere 1.jpg

Comparison with Ancient Copper / Syrah - (different nibs)

Red cashmere - page2.jpg

Still wet - Photo

red cash- closeup.jpg

Water test on cheap amazon copy paper (20 lb) - Before

Watertest amazon copy.jpg

After

Watertest -amazon copy - Afterwater.jpg

Water test on Tomoe River Paper - Before

Watertest - TR.jpg

After

Watertest - TR - Afterwater.jpg
    Last edited by Yazeh; January 22nd, 2020 at 02:48 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yazeh For This Useful Post:

Ahriman4891 (January 25th, 2020), azkid (January 23rd, 2020), junglejim (January 25th, 2020), Robert (January 22nd, 2020), rogeliogarciac (January 25th, 2020), sjssf (January 22nd, 2020)