Thread: My newest Montblanc

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default My newest Montblanc

For many years, the 149 has been my favorite post-WWII fountain pen, surpassing all others in reliability, comfort, and beauty. Along with the 1920s senior Parker Duofold and Parker 51, it is one of my top 3 favorite fountain pens of all time.

Because the 149 seems to perform forever if properly maintained, I have hesitated to buy new ones. In fact, I recently bought my first new one since the 1990s. This new model had interested me since its introduction and having finally seen it in person, decided to splurge on my retired public school teacher's pension and get one. A very friendly guy who had filled it once or twice gave me a generous deal. Filled so little, I suppose it qualifies as nearly new.

It is my youngest 149 by many years. The next youngest one dates from 1985-90. Photos below of the nearly new 149 Platinum with EF nib. Don't know how to straighten the photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Barry B. Gabay For This Useful Post:

BlkWhiteFilmPix (January 26th, 2020), carlos.q (January 23rd, 2020), Chrissy (January 24th, 2020), Chuck Naill (January 24th, 2020), FredRydr (January 23rd, 2020), jar (January 26th, 2020), maddington (January 25th, 2020)